Saturday, April 12, 2014

Giving Students Personal Space- A BRIGHT Idea!


I'm so excited to be part of the Bloggy Bright Ideas Link Up again this month!

I am sharing a cheap and easy way to give your students personal space... mine LOVE this and use it all the time, especially during Read to Self during Daily Five time.

I headed to the Dollar Tree, spent a total of $5 and bought some...

HULA HOOPS!

When a student wants their own space, they plop down in a hula hoop and are instantly inside their own little bubble.  They love it!

Check out the other blogs in the linky for more great Bright Ideas and, if you liked this BRIGHT Idea, consider clicking the links at the top of my page to follow me on FB, Pinterest, and Instagram!




7 comments:

  1. Christina...all the links in the inlinks listed are dead links for some reason. Just thought I'd let you know. I love the hulahoop idea...I have some that would use that.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is brilliant! I just had one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments! Thanks so much for sharing! :)
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hula hoops are PERFECT for personal space! I read "Personal Space Camp" by Julia Cook to my kiddos and used hula hoops to demonstrate. There were some real a-ha moments with that! I keep a few hoops by the rug for students to use as quiet reading and working spots. Love it! ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this idea done with laundry baskets but hula hoops are much easier to store! Great idea!
    ☮Monica
    The Schroeder Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the students must absolutely love this idea! Such a great idea for your classroom!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...