Friday, November 7, 2014

What We've Been Doing {Idioms, Main Idea, Letters... Oh My!}

It's been a BUSY week in 3rd grade!

We've been working on our idiom books.  This week we learned "You're the apple of my eye".  My kiddos really got the idiom after reading the passage in the book we're making.
 

We're also working on main idea and supporting details.  I have these file folder readers from Lakeshore Learning and L-O-V-E them!  Two of my groups have been reading the folder about animal adaptations.  We're using dry erase markers to write right on the folders... I know.  Crazy right?!  The kiddos were so pumped!  We're underlining the supporting details and having GREAT discussion!  I have the grades 1-2 set and the grades 3-4 set.


This one was all about animal adaptations.  We looked up pics of each of the animals on the iPad during our small group time.

And we're adding the friendly letter section to our Writer's Notebooks.  I LOVE our Writer's Notebooks.  It's so cool to see kids using them as a resource and it's made my writing instruction so deep... my kiddos are doing so well in writing this year.  I'm one proud teacher!  I can NOT wait to get to the narrative section later on in the year!

We completed some color-coding together via the Elmo projector...

And students color coded on their own in their notebooks.

Last... one of my files got a make-over!  Do you have "Graphic Organizers for Big Kids"?  If so, you'll definitely want to check it out... it's looking much better these days!

Want to find the products we used this week in class?  Click the links below!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...