Friday, November 1, 2013

Love Letter to a Spammer...

Dear Hemangi Goswami and rujul modi,

Your constant spamming of my blog comments has forced me to do something I vowed to never do... turn on word verification for comments.

I am hoping that this will stop you from leaving comments on my blog every night.  Thanks for visiting.  I am sure you are truly reading and benefiting from the information on my blog.  Right.  And your nightly comments (sometimes 2 or three a night!) about accounting websites, though so relevant to my blog posts, are really unwanted here.

I hope this letter finds you well and that you can find something else to do on a nightly basis that does not involve my blog.

Until then, we will all suffer with the word verification that is impossible to read while leaving comments on this blog.  Yes, even I will need to verify words when replying to comments left by other people.  Thanks for ruining it for everyone.

Sincerely,
Christina

9 comments:

  1. Oh Christina so sorry that you have to deal with the spammer. It is a sad part of blogging
    I had to start manually publishing comments because the spammers are crazy! I must say that this post is rather amusing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a sign that you're THERE in the blogging world! ;) They only spam the blogs that get lots of traffic. Think of it as a lovely (however annoying) compliment! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a bummer! I hate this for you! :(
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had that too. I thought it was just me going through that. Well said.
    Stephanie from Principal Principles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stinkers!! Grrr, so frustrating but your love letter did give me a little chuckle :)

    Hope
    Teaching with Hope 

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so worth going through the word verification! Truly a fan...Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pain and sad state of affairs but I agree with above it is a strange compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just me! Thanks for all you hard work. When I first started to read your blog today I thought you meant your "Stalker"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate those. I get them randomly, and they are still annoying. I love that you wrote this though! It's sort of like asking a phone solicitor for their home number so you can call them during dinner! Get em, girl!

    Teaching in the Tongass

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...