Saturday, September 22, 2018

My BIG News...

So.

It's been a while on this blog.

As a building principal, I didn't have too much to blog about.  You surely didn't want to hear my stories about Kindergarten lunch, or a student who was having a rough day, or that awesome classroom observation I did.

But, I have BIG news.

This blog is about to come back to life.

Because...

I have decided that I miss being a TEACHER, so I'm going back to the classroom!

Yesterday was my last day in the principal's office.

After a tearful day and some silent moments in my office, by myself, at the end of the day, I closed the door on that chapter, literally, and left the school district that has been my home for the last seven years.  It was a bittersweet day.  Leaving the friends, students, and memories behind wasn't easy.  BUT... my heart has been calling me back to the classroom for a while and, when I got an opportunity to teach less than 10 miles from my home, I could not pass it up.

So, starting Monday, I'm teaching FIRST GRADE!

It's been a crazy week trying to get the room ready while wrapping up things in the principal's office.  But, it's done and I'm in love with my classroom.

Want to take a peek?

Come on in!

Gotta do Brag Tags!  I loved these when I was teaching before, so this was one of my first projects when I got this new job.

Here's the view from behind my desk!

Small group table...

View from the back...

View of the front!  We'll be doing a math routine daily.  After seeing a teacher friend with a similar poster, I knew I needed one for my firsties.  So, I created this and the good folks at Office Ma blew it up for me!

Side view...

Dollar Tree for the win with these book boxes!

Of course... D5!

And my favorite spot in the room... the library/rug area.  I do SO much teaching back here and am simply in love with my new rug from Way Fair!

Get ready for new posts, freebies, and TpT creations... teacher Bainbridge is back... and I am ready to go!

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you & hope to get even more amazing ideas from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your Math poster! Would you be willing to share it? It's got routines we do daily, but I have to draw them. jbales@coastusd.org

    Welcome back to the classroom. We have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy. I can’t imagine how stressful it would be to be a principal, so kudos to you for doing that in the first place. Those firsties are lucky to have you as their new teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for you! I also went back to the classroom after being an administrator. This is year 2 as an Art teacher! Best choice ever! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...