Monday, February 20, 2012

Seuss Update, My Gerbie, A Sale, and Sad Target News

1.) Seuss Update:
I assume if you are using the "Cat In a Hat" graphics set from Scrappin' Doodles that you received the e-mail about the set and how we can't be calling anything we sell or share from that set "Seuss" related.  SO- if you downloaded my "Seuss" pack from Teacher's Notebook, be advised that the materials are still the exact same, but I had to change some of the wording.   I am so sorry!   I wanted to change the name of the pack to "Celebrate the Feline in a Fedora Day!" but my husband talked me out of it!  You'll probably be hearing and seeing this a lot from others who used the same set!  Oh- and I had to change one graphic on the flippy book for this issue too, but the content is the same!

2.) My Gerbie:
I didn't really share about this after it happened because it was just too sad... I spent an ENTIRE day crying about it... but my first class pet ever, the gerbil, Lily, had an accident over Christmas break.  She was staying with a student and had a wonderful Christmas where she was loved and spoiled like crazy!  But, she did not return to school... my kiddos were very sad but we reassured them that she was probably living a fabulous life in the walls of the home she stayed at over break.  But we missed her like crazy!  Well, about three weeks ago, that family brought us a new gerbil and we named her Gerbie!  That's right.  I used my "teacher power" to help influence the name selection.  I love calling her Gerbie!  Also... she might actually be a "he" but we don't really know.  He/she came to stay with me over this weekend as we had Friday and today off.  My husband and I went to do errands today and bought her an addition to her cage- so now she has an outside of the cage wheel, a fun loopy thing, and a 2nd little house to live in.  Here's the addition...

We spent way too much time when we got home watching her run in her new wheel and then abruptly just *stop* and she'd go flying around and around!

Here she is peeking out from her new wheel!

3.) A Sale:
I'm having a "Why Not Have a Sale" Sale over at my Teacher's Notebook Shop!  Everything is 20% off until Wednesday!


4.) Sad Target News:
I was so jealous when I saw all the great stuff Amy at the Resource(ful) Room got at Target so I had to get right down there today (even though I was already there on Friday and Sunday- I'm sick, people).  But Target had NOTHING for me.  NOTHING.  Can you believe that???  That has never happened before!

I did get these St. Patrick's Day pins at Target on Friday... if you go after them, be careful!  Some feature mugs of frothy yellow beverages which I can only assume is some sort of soda or carbonated lemonade... just wouldn't want to send the wrong message!:

BUT... the Dollar Tree came through for me!  I got these large foam dice:

These Easter goodies- pencils and foam shapes!
 

And these St. Patrick's Day foam shamrocks, a banner, and garland which I run across in front of my windows at school:

So that was my day.  It's back to the grind tomorrow!  Friday night my husband and I have tickets to see "In the Heights" which is (of couse!) a musical since I am not only addicted to Target but to musicals as well.  So, I'll be counting down the hours until I'm sitting in my seat ready to enjoy the show!

Have a great Tuesday and, for those of you who worked today, hope it was a good one!  :)

15 comments:

  1. Love the new gerbil!! Too cute!! Ok, I'm seriously nervous....I bought some Seussy graphics from another artist and have made alot for my Teachers Notebook......is there something I should or should not be doing?????? I have named things Seussy or Seuss inspired....is that a problem???

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara- I don't know. I think that someone contacted Scrappin Doodles and told them that people couldn't be selling items using their graphics if we were calling them anything to do with Dr. Seuss. If you e-mail me I'll send you a copy of the e-mail so you can construe it how you'd like and see if you think the same thing that I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh! Is Seuss-tastic really the same word? =) Or Seuss-ical, or Seuss-y??? What about Thistlegirl or KPM? Guess you are not the expert, but maybe someone reading this may know.
    Mammals in the classroom are tough! You get so attached to a mammal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I have that set, too, and haven't gotten an email yet. Ugh that stinks. I hate having to reload stuff...such a hassle!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Celebrate the Feline in a Fedora" - too cute! I think that's what I'm going to be calling it in my own head from now on ;)

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Seuss activities have been popping up all week long on my blog scroll. EEK! I hope those companies don't face consequences.

    Your new class gerbil is adorable! I'm sure your kids love him/her. Ha!

    Love your blog!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Seuss stuff is kind of crazy. Yikes.
    Poor Lily. :(
    So glad you have Gerbie!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw.. so sorry about ur gerbil :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to the sad gerbil tale . . I recently lost one of my 3 hamsters to a hamster fight! Anyway, apparently my three boys where two guys and a girl because I now have 5 babies! These will be my first and last classroom pets .. .

    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Gerbie!!! He/she is adorable!:) Makes me want a class pet again. I always had gerbils in my classroom, they are so much fun! And so jealous here that you are going to see In the Heights!! You'll definitely have to let us know how great it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must have those dice from dollar tree! love them!!!

    Gerbie is too cute!


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty sure it's lemonade in those mugs ;) I go to Target just as much, so no worries! And I have those dice, they're awesome.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lost a class pet once a few years ago. Over summer break Snuggles the hamster came home with me, and unfortunately didn't come back. Since my students had moved up a grade level, they didn't really know Snuggles was gone (except the student whose grandparents live across the street from me, and she found out!). I haven't had the heart to get another pet, because I didn't want to have this happen during the school year, and have to explain what happened to the class!

    I LOVE "In The Heights"! I was able to see it on Broadway, with Corbin Blue on one of the last trips I took to NYC. I (like you) love musicals, and go to a show (or two) everytime I am in NYC (at least once a year). Can't wait to go again! I really want to see "Jersey Boys" next! :)

    3rd Grade Randomness

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried getting hubs to stop by Dollar Tree so I could get some of those awesome dice but he didn't share in my enthusiasm....I'll have to go out on my own, I guess...

    Your Gerbie is adorable!!!!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. Gerbie is AUH-DORABLE!
    2. I bought the same stuff at Dollar Tree today before I saw your post...hehe :)
    3. Feline in a Fedora is a brilliant name! I'm totally gonna pick up the pack and just call it that :)

    Hope you're enjoying your time off!!! :)
    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...