Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holiday Recipe Linky... The BEST Green Bean Casserole!

Yay!  I'm so excited that it's almost Thanksgiving!  I LOVE watching the Macy's Parade in the morning and having my parents over for dinner in the afternoon... and then, of course, braving the crowds to catch the deals with my BFF the next morning.  {Last year, death was wished upon me by a crazy shopper on Black Friday!!!}

Anywho, I'm linking up with First Grade & Fabulous to share one of my favorite holiday recipes.

Now, green bean casserole is a staple at every holiday gathering but I promise you, you have never tasted a green bean casserole as tasty as the one I am about to tell you about!

I don't have a picture to share but I want you to put your best visualization skills to the test and picture a casserole dish bubbling at the edges with creamy mushroom soup while little bits of tender green beans poke through a layer of melted cheddar cheese on top... Oh My G!

This is my mom's recipe for green bean casserole and, though the one topped with fried onions is OK, this one is the BEST.  No holiday meal is a true holiday meal for me without it.  I hope you might want to try it out this year... I promise you'll love it!

Mrs. Bainbridge's Mom's Green Bean Casserole

*8 oz. sour cream
*1 can cream of mushroom soup
*2 cans green beans, drained well
*cheddar cheese

This is the most important part- the night before, mix the sour cream, soup, and green beans.  Cover with shredded cheddar cheese and put in the fridge.  You must do it the night before so the liquids have a chance to mesh into this amazing concoction of deliciousness!

The next day, bake at 350 until the cheese is melted and the whole thing is bubbly.

It is SO GOOD!

It serves 6-8 people... but we usually eat almost all of it between four of us and have a spoonful or two left over.  It's so stinkin' good!

If you do try it, let me know!!!!  I'll try and snap a pic this Thursday and add it to the ol' blog... then maybe that will entice you to try it for Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. I am thinking what would happen if I added the onion things to your recipe... I might have to try that! This sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding this to my menu for Thursday...thanks, Christina!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Read with Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family usually has a green bean casserole. This sounds yummy!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything that can be done the night is a plus! I always make green bean casserole, but my recipe doesn't call for sour cream and that sounds very good! I'm going to try your recipe this year! Thanks! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and enjoy the time off!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sons love green been casserole, the kind with the onions on them, but this sounds extra yummy. I think I might need to do a trial run this week, before Thanksgiving, lol. Thanks for sharing.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this for Thanksgiving today and it was a HUGE hit! My brother in law even gave it a rave review! Thank you so much for sharing it! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...