Saturday, February 23, 2013

Winners... Finally and Two More Hallway Hunts!

What a week!

Fairy Tale day on Thursday was a huge success... but I also came down with a huge cold.  Which put my blogging and computer work on a huge hold for the week!

But... I am happy to be back and able to breathe out of 50% of my nostrils!

Thanks for all of the great comments and ideas on my grammar classroom/hallway hunts post the other day!  It seems like we are all always looking for ways to make grammar more engaging for our students!  Classroom and hallway hunts are always a winner in room 108!

Hubby has chosen the winners are they are... Suzy Q #39 who wished for comparative/superlative adjective work and Deb #49 who wished for something on helping verbs.  We'll be doing helping verbs in class next week (3rd grade Treasures Unit 4, Week 3!), so I actually was just finishing up something on them... and I also finished a comparative/superlative hunt too!  So, I'll be shipping those your way, ladies... as well as your choice of two of my other hunts!  :)
 

 Find the comparative/superlative hunt on TpT!

Added at 10:03pm!  :)
 Find this fun antonym hunt on TpT!

We're off school until Wednesday... technically I have school on Tuesday; my district is attending PD with Mike Mattos.  Do you know him?  Have you seen him?  OMG.  He is ah-mazing.  He totally lights a fire under your teaching behind and get you excited about interventions and "all means all"!  I've had the pleasure of seeing him twice before and can't wait to go again on Tuesday!

Does your school do interventions?  We do and I love it... ours are extremely fluid; our groups change almost weekly and, sometimes, daily thanks to the great assessing of our math teacher and the great organization of our Title 1 teacher!  It's awesome for our students and has really helped us make some huge strides in math this year.  Each grade level in my building has a 35-minutes intervention block each morning.  We call it "Success Time".  The students might be in any of their grade-level classes, the computer lab, Title 1 room, or with any adult who is free at that time to provide interventions.  It leaves our needier groups very small and allows our higher groups doing independent work on IXL or Math Facts in a Flash.

Anyway... looking forward to Mike Mattos and being inspired to continue providing interventions and great education!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm going to come teach in your school! I wish our district would bring in a motivational speaker, that sounds so cool!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear more about your success time... We do interventions and before/after school tutorials but the groups are not fluid and I am not sure we are making as big of a difference as we need to be. I teach in a Title 1 school as well. Thanks for giving me something to think/talk/share about!
    Heather
    Kickin' It With Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love to hear more about your success time! That sounds awesome. Ours are a little fluid, but not the way you are describing. That sounds awesome. In addition to success time, do they get intervention during guided reading time as well? I feel like I have a million questions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you give me a little or information about your success time? We are always looking for ways to make our intervention time work for effectively. Thanks, Becky Bacon
    becky.bacon@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back and feeling better. Your success time sounds like our Reading Shuffle time. It's interesting that you do your RTI time with math. I wonder if we could also do that. Our kids go to a room depending on the skill they need. So there could be first and second graders in the same room during this time. Ours change about once a month if needed. Sounds like enough other people would like to hear more about your Success Time. There's a future blog topic for you.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank your hubby for me! So excited for this!

    I like the idea of your success time. Sounds so beneficial for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the hunts! I am really excited to use them in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THanks for sharing. Success Time sounds great. These hallway units are unique too.

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...