Thursday, May 16, 2013

Quick and Easy "Thank You" for Helpers

It's getting to be that time... time to thank the people who have helped out in your classroom this year!

Many teachers in my building have high school mentors who come over for about an hour each day to help in the classroom.  Mine this year has done everything from copy and laminate to work with kids and help with messes in the classroom.

Our mentors are graduating and tomorrow is their last day!  So, I bought donuts to take in and my kiddos made this super cute book for him...

I wrote a letter message on the first page and then did a little bit of extra cutting and gluing to make a "hand pocket" to stick a gift card in!

And each kid, of course, made a page.  They drew a picture in the hand and wrote a message.  I just HAD to share this one...
 
"I am so happy that you are graduating from high school.  You are a kindhearted man."  I love it!  One of my boys' letters included the line, "...You are a good kid".  I've been laughing about those all afternoon!  After those two notes, I'm surprised I didn't find a, "Good luck in college, sonny"!

If you're looking for a fun, quick, and easy "Thank You", you can get this one at my TpT store for FREE!

Click HERE or the pic below to head to my store to snag it!

This weekend's agenda is making my End of the Year awards.  If you're looking for a great pack with awards for literally everyone... check this one out!  They are bright and colorful... and fillable!  All you have to do is open them and you can type right on the PDF to add student names!  Easy peasy!
Or... if you want to do something different, I have end of the year candy bar wrappers with happy summer wishes in this "Sweet Treats" pack!  I gave these out at Valentine's Day and they were a super hit!  These are personalizable in Powerpoint.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I may use it for some of my classroom aides. Thanks for sharing!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas, darlin'! You really DO rock it out!!!!!

    xoxo

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the thanks for giving us a hand book and the adorable pocket! Thanks!
    Kheila

    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...