Thursday, October 30, 2014

Three fer Thursday... Grading 28 assessments in 4 minutes!


Grading.  It can be KILLER!

BUT... I use "Snapshots" each week to assess my students on a grammar concept and a comprehension skill... and I'm so happy to report that I can grade a class set of "Snapshots" in under 5 minutes... and, since each "Snapshot" is targeted to one Common Core standard, I can find out exactly who is successful and who needs more support so I can provide intervention right away!

So... here's the stack and the timer at zero...

And, here's the graded stack and the timer at 4 minutes and 21 seconds!

I teach ELA to two sections of third graders so, if it wasn't for these assessments, I think I'd spend every weekend grading!  I also love that students can complete these in about 4 minutes and 21 seconds too, so, even though we do two every week, they don't feel "assessed to death".

Since today is Thursday, it's a THREE fer THURSDAY!!!  I couldn't decide on which three "Snapshots" to place on sale at 20% off, so I'm sort of cheating... ALL "Snapshots" products are on sale today but I'm justifying it by saying that since they are available for three different grade-levels, I'm still staying with the rules of the three fer!

Click the banner below to check them out on TpT and snag them for 20% off... today only!  There are some sample packs available too- you can find them by clicking the link.  They're free and offer you a peek at one math, grammar, and comprehension snapshot for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades!


2 comments:

  1. I have ALL of your 2nd grade and 1st grade snapshots and LOVE them! They make my life so much easier and are an awesome assessment tool! Thank you for your hard work;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great easy to use assessment especially when time is so important in all of life! Keep up the great work!
    ~Paul Anton
    Promoting Success Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...