Saturday, September 28, 2013

I'm Back... With Lots of Pics and {Maybe!} a Freebie Too!

My blog stalker {a.k.a. mom} has reported her dissatisfaction at my lack of blogging this past week... so, since I was spending my Saturday at school working anyway, I took loads of pictures so I could show you {her} what's going on in my room!

First up... I got some new seats!  These were on clearance at Target and are actually ottomans (ottomen?!) that you can store things in.  I got the black because I thought they'd stay cleaner looking... but you can see the little shoe prints on them!  :)

I also switched out teacher tables so the dry erase shapes I had on before had to be replaced.  I found these circles and speech bubbles by Avery on Amazon.  You can find them HERE if you're interested!

We are gearing up for a week of learning about subjects and predicates.  I found a song on Youtube that we're going to learn and my kiddos will be doing my "Scoring with Subjects and Predicates" hunt in the classroom as part of their "must dos" for word work this week.  If you click the pic, you can check the product out on TpT!

And I decorated for Halloween!  I don't have a lot of bulletin boards that can be changed out in my classroom so this summer I made holiday bunting banners for each holiday.  I printed and assembled them and they are ready to go!  If you click the pic, you can check out my blog post all about them!

Our 3rd graders all get a weekly homework sheet that they keep in their folder.  Since we're departmentalized, we all need access to the sheet.  We use a Google Doc and can quickly add notes or changes for all of the classes.  My homework sheets, weekly newsletter {click to see more!}, and new Speller's Choice sheets for October are ready for the kids to grab on Monday morning!

We finally have "bucket filling" up and running!

I got my 1 change-able bulletin board set up.  I do a seasonal BB each month and write students' names on seasonal shapes so I have some cute little ghosties that I'm going to write on and hang up!

Last... this was an "I love you" present I got this week from one of my sweeties!  :)  I love my job!

Did you make it through all the pics?  Here's a secret... go back up to that bucket filling picture and click on it!  There's a freebie hidden there!  I'd love to hear from you if you download it!

One more thing... just a quick reminder that you can win a set of writing photo cards from Learning Resources!

Click the pic below to find out more and ENTER!

6 comments:

  1. We (mom) are proud of you! Sometimes life gets So dang busy that our poor blogs suffer! Love, love,love your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do your bucket filling with more than one class? Do you have a couple of pocket charts? I just went with a bucket but didn't think it through because now it's full of notes from both classes (I did use two colors) but I really have no desire to pass them all out :(

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do these types of things only with our "own" kids. We call it our "homeroom". So the class that comes in for ELA doesn't fill buckets in my room, they fill buckets for their "homeroom" peers in their own room.

      I hope that makes sense!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I'm a big fan of bucket filling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebie...the link to the youtube song didn't work for me :( we have been working on Subjects & Predicates too. I just posted some pictures of our language arts journal page & my anchor chart on my classroom blog...http://www.room15theapplebasket.blogspot.com/2013/09/subjects-predicates-math-activities.html...hopefully I'll have them up on my teacher blog soon! I am planning to put up what we did on compound sub. & pred. soon...don't know if you also teach that.
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    The Apple Basket Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could hang buntings around my classroom. I am not allowed thanks to Mr. fire who does not like pretty classrooms :(
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...