Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Charlotte's Web Character Traits

Thank you "Mailbox Magazine" for saving my life when I needed a quick Charlotte's Web activity last week!

We finished the book on Tuesday and watched the movie on Thursday- the original, animated one... you know "Cause we've got lots in common where it really counts, where it really counts we've got large amounts..." and "A fair is a veritable smorgasbord, orgasbord, orgasboard... after the gates are shut...". I hope I'm not the only one singing along right now! :)

Anyway, we finished the movie and had about 20 minutes before PE which wasn't really enough time to do what I had originally planned. Well, I remembered seeing this activity in my "Mailbox Magazine" and so we did it... and the kids LOVED it!

We talked about character traits for Wilbur, made our own webs with a white crayon on black paper (10x10 in. paper) and each kid wrote their trait on 2in. squares of paper and glued the on the web! Later, we added a little spider (a ring that I cut the ring part off of) and some glitter in strategic places to make the webs glisten!

Anyhow, I know lots of teachers read this wonderful book in the fall and I thought you might enjoy seeing what we created!

2 comments:

  1. Is this am in depth study or just fun read aloud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva- I read the book aloud for fun. We watched the old animated movie with popcorn and then talked about character traits afterwards. Then we made these!

    :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...