Thursday, October 6, 2011

Whoooooo needs a quick fall project?


If you answered, "I do" to that question, then this post is for you!

I needed a quick project earlier this week as I pre-maturely took my previous bulletin board down without a real plan for what I was going to put up!

Here it is!

Each of your students will need a square piece of brown paper. I cut mine to 9in. x 9in. They'll also need a bit of yellow, black, and orange paper.

I don't quite know how to explain how to fold the paper... so I'll try to do it, but here's a picture too.

We folded our brown squares "taco" style just to get a nice diagonal crease going on. Then we laid our paper so it was more "diamond" oriented than square. We folded in THREE of the corners into the middle.



Then we glued down the three triangles- they are the left, right, and bottom of the picture. The triangle that is left (the one on top in this picture), is actually the bottom of the owl.

We added yellow eyes, beaks, and legs and cut the bottom part all fringe-y so it would be like the tail feathers.

We added a cute sign, which one of my kiddos colored and you can snag below, and... viola! Here's the finished pic!


Here's the sign- mine is in the top corner of the BB.

6 comments:

  1. Yep! It's about time I take my "Summer Shorts" down (construction paper shorts, that tell who, what, when, where, how they did over the summer).

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! These are really cute! I am going to use these as a craft for my students to do with their special guests on our Grandparents/Special Person Day which is coming up next Friday. They can make them together and then I will post a picture of my student with his/her guest for a great hallway bulletin board. I think I will tweak your sign to read..."Look Who Came to Visit!" Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bulletin board! Super idea so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. We are studying informational text. Going to read and find facts about owls and other animals to include on the inside flabs. Love your creativity

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute idea - and I love that we won't have to be tracing and cutting out template pieces - sometimes I think crafts are just too much work for the teacher lol! This one looks simple, each one will turn out unique, plus it shouldn't take 1/2 the day! Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...