Thursday, October 20, 2011

Long and Short A and U Sorting Cards

Did you see my "short O sorting cards" last week? I'm still working on I and E cards- hopefully I can share by the end of the weekend... but that might be pushing it! Also, I am using these as SOUND discrimination... so the spellings might not be typical for that sound, but I want to make sure my students are sorting by sound, not spelling patterns.

All I ask is for a shout-out in the comments if you can use them! :)

I hope to do a "here's what we've been doing/are doing in school this week" post soon. I've put a lot of freebies up this week, but haven't had time for any "meat" on my posts!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for these! I have some ELL kids who have a lot of difficulty discriminating vowel sounds, hopefully this will help!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great!! I have a few that are still struggling with short and long vowels!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christina, these are VERY helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using your "o" cards for my RTI groups who don't get the difference of the cowl sounds . Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's supposed to say vowel sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for posting!! Can't wait to use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I missed the short o cards so I'm heading back to pick those up.

    I'm out on maternity leave but can't wait to put these to use when I go back. They will be perfect with my Words Their Way groups.

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving these!! You are so generous! Thanks for sharing your hard work! I am going to use these as a wake up work activity on the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hoping to find something like this to use with my 2nd grade ELL students. Thanks!!! Looking forward to the i an e ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These are wonderful! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I downloaded all of them today! Thanks so much. I am tutoring this summer and this is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your vowel sorting cards- thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...