Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins!

We had a GREAT time on Thursday having "pumpkin morning" in my classroom!

We recently got a "Zoomscope" from a project I had on Donor's Choose... and if you don't have one you HAVE to get one! It plugs right in to my LCD projector and magnifies up to 50x. My students did pumpkin rotations to do sink/float, measurement, drawing, and describing. Everyone loved using the "Zoomscope" to investigate their pumpkin for the describing station.

Check out the pics below of us using the "Zoomscope"... and stay tuned for "Me and My Gang's" week of Trick-or-Treats starting Monday. I'll be sharing the pumpkin book we used for the festivities!


7 comments:

  1. Oooh now you've got me wanting a Zoomscope! The possibilities with how to use it are endless! We're counting pumpkin seeds soon and it would be so neat to explore the inside of the pumpkin and the "guts" with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I did not think about pumpkin guts. We have a microscope that hooks to the screen too. It is awesome! Last year we videoed a tadpole..oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want a Zoomscope now! It looks sooo cool!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never seen one of those before. Very neat! ~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have Elmo document cameras that connect to our ceiling projectors. They can get great close up shots too. We opened up bean seeds and could see they tiny plant inside very clearly. I love technology. . . .when it works. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, awesome. Ive never seen those before. thank for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would really like to get a copy of "My Pumpkin Observation Booklet". I can't figure out how to download it! Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...