Thursday, October 4, 2012

AR Book Check Chart Freebie!

This picture of my AR Book Check Chart generated a lot of buzz after I posted it the other day... now that I look at it, it's super ugly!  I should have coordinated my paper colors better!


I can't take credit for it.  My amazing 4th grade teacher friend made something similar for her students and I knew I HAD to do it in my room too.

So here's how it works:

At the end of the day on Friday, it's one of the student's jobs to make sure everyone has three of these slips- picture book 1, picture book 2, and chapter book.

As students take quizzes on books they have read independently the following week, they remove the slip if they pass the test.  If they do not pass (80% or higher), they cannot remove the slip.  They can also not count books that I read to them for this.  This is for independently read books only.

This has helped me tremendously!  As an easy management tool, it allows me to just glance at the chart and see who needs an extra reminder or who has been working their tail off!

If you click the pic below, you can get a copy of the cards I used (just run them on three different colors of paper and laminate) and the sign hanging above my pocket chart!


Enjoy!

And... sale reminder at my TpT store... 20% off until the end of tomorrow!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...