Saturday, October 6, 2012

Product Swap... Best Item EVER.

MrsStanfordsClass

Yay!  I'm so excited to be participating in the 2nd annual new quarter TpT product swap!  Thanks Jessica Stanford for organizing this again!  And Michelle Tsivgadellis for the great graphic!


Last time I reviewed 3rd grade Treasures materials and this time I was paired up with the lovely Tracy Tegeler at Creekside Teacher Tales.




I have to tell you that it was so difficult to choose an item from her TpT shop to review because so many of her free items were so amazing that I just wanted to review all of them!

In the end, I decided on her "Forever Homes" pack (which is 20% off until tomorrow!!!) and... OH MY WORD.  I was absolutely blown away by the hard work she put into it and the a-freaking-mazing number of skills students will be using when they do these activities!

Here's the scoop on the pack...

Students are trying to place homeless dogs *tear* with the right family.  They have to read each dog's information card and use critical thinking skills to figure out which family would be right for each dog.

Talk about thinking!

Not only are students reading, but they are questioning, inferring, analyzing, and applying their knowledge to a near and dear activity!  Who doesn't want to see dogs in a happy home... even if it's just one on paper!

So take sweet Molly in to consideration... the Jackson's, Hopewell's, and Littleton's all want to adopt her.  The students need to read her info and analyze the applications for the three families to see which one can best meet her needs.  At the end, they would write a letter congratulating the family on being chosen and explaining why they were selected.  Not only that... but the letters are leveled so you can differentiate this activity to fit your students' needs!

 
This pack is seriously amazing.

Here's my own sweet dog that came from the animal shelter and made our house a home in 2005... Sam!

Yes... I know.  He's ridiculously cute!  Anyway... back to the pack... Wait... what was that?  You want to see our other dog-son, Squeaks, who is also a rescue dog?  Oh.  Ok.

Yes.  So handsome!

Now... back to the pack for realz!

Check out the printing and laminating I did to get this product ready for my classroom:

 
Now, I haven't had a chance to use it with my kiddos yet... we're gearing up for the MEAP test next week and have been SO busy in class!

But I absolutely cannot wait to introduce this to my students.  I know it will be AWESOME!!!!!

And Tracy is reviewing my "Partner Reading Party" which is (I think) a GREAT pack full of super fun ways for partners to interact with one another as they read together.  It's 20% off until tomorrow... so it's only $4.00!  I hope you'll check it out... I'm so excited to see what she thinks of this pack.  It's one of my favorite products in my store and one I'm so proud of!


6 comments:

  1. those are in my wishlist already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina for bringing my pack to life!! :)

    Tracy

    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
  3. O to the MG I need this!! and your packet is adorable too!!! Thanks for joining for the swap :) I hope you'll sign up for the next!

    Blessings,
    Jessica
    ✏ Mrs. Stanford's Class ✏
    Enter Product Swap #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the Forever Home pack...I have a HUGE place in my heart for rescue pups (we currently have 9)! I would love to do this activity with my 3rd graders. It is going on my wish list now! The Partner reading is awesome too! I use Daily 5/CAFE and those might be fun for Read with Someone! THANKS!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the forever Home pack. Very creative idea! Kuddos to you.
    :0) Melissa
    More Time 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pack! I have a dog, Molly, who was a shelter dog, and when I was a kid, we had a dog named Sam who was also a shelter dog. I have also fostered, and want another shelter dog right now! Do you think you would have used this pack with your first graders? I think they would really enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...