Sunday, October 14, 2012

I've Been Boo'd and New Daily Five Freebie!

It's Sunday, friends.  That means this girl is about to start stressing over football... c'mon LIONS!!!!!

Before I spend the afternoon pulling my hair out, I've been working hard this morning.  So far this is what I've accomplished:

1.) ridiculously tasty mushroom, swiss, asparagus, and bacon omelet for breakfast
2.) bathrooms cleaned
3.) kitchen floor washed
4.) downstairs dusted
5.) half of the laundry done

Hubby even pitched in and vacuumed AND cleaned one of the bathrooms!  :)

My sixth accomplishment is a new Daily Five freebie.

Before I get to that... Christi at Ms. Fultz's Corner Boo'd me!  I don't often participate in these just because I don't have a lot of extra time... but this is a great way to spread the word about some of my favorite bloggy friends!
 

So... I'm going to BOO three more bloggy friends!

1.)  Patty at 2nd in Line.  I love me some Patty!  Not only are we Draw Something buddies, but she teaches only about 10 miles away from me.  She is always sharing GREAT things and recently opened a TpT store to share her easy to implement activities!  And she's so funny too!  I hope you'll check her out...


2.)  Amy at The Resource(ful) Room.  You will not believe the amazing things that Amy shares... FOR FREE!  She's super sweet and I know you'll looooove checking out her blog!

3.)  Have you seen the Teacher Idea Factory???  If not, you are totally missing out!  Go check out my sweet friend Kelley.  You'll be so glad you did!
Sour Apple Studio

Thanks, Christi, for Boo'ing me!

Ok.  Daily Five Freebie...

So far this year I've been doing Daily Five in a very loose and modified way.  I just don't have the time to do it the way I want to.  I am so excited because, in two weeks, we're changing how we rotate our students and I'm going to have TWICE the amount of time I currently have for teaching reading so I'll be able to do Daily Five how I want to do it!

Right now, my kids don't really get to make choices so I don't have a choice board set up in my room.  When the schedule change happens, I'll be teaching ELA to half of the 3rd grade only so I will be able to have a choice board!

Today I made my bunting header for my board.  I don't have a picture to share with you yet, but I will share the letters.  It just spells Daily*Five after it's printed and assembled.  Look for a pic coming soon!

I just added it to TpT for free- click the pic below to grab it.


Happy Sunday... GO LIONS!

5 comments:

  1. HI Christina,
    I love using the Daily 5 with my 3rd graders! The past few years I haven't really been able to get into the rounds and choice because we ability grouped for reading and there just wasn't time. This year I am self contained (YIPPEE!) and we are in full force! I actually do Daily 4 (no listening to reading even though that is great for fluency!) I find my literacy time is so meaningful and productive!!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner is adorable!! Thanks for mentioning my blog!! I may be in Indiana but I still love the LIONS!!! My sister teases me all the time about how they can't win but I still have hope!! Fingers Crossed for Today's game, unfortunatly I am not able to watch it :(

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you were productive! Come help me! My house seriously needs cleaning. Love the banner!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl . . . thanks so much for the BOO! That sounds so funny when you say it like that (way out of context), but I see it as a HUGE compliment. Hugs friend :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...