Saturday, July 25, 2015

Writing Center Reveal {and freebie!}

I am SO excited about my writing center for this year!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!

This bookshelf is on the floor to the left of the table.  It contains all sort of things for creative writing.


On the bulletin board, the red papers are actually in sheet protectors that are stapled to the board. This will allow me to quickly slide in new pages... I have papers from my opinion unit up now because that's the first writing unit we will do in 3rd grade.  I think I will also put up student examples too!

I am particularly psyched about this little guy...

It's an organizer I got at Target in the $3 spot.  The first six items are flashcards that I also got from Target in the $1 spot.  I made a cute cover for the flashcards with some directions- "Read a card.  Write about what you learn", hole punched the cards, and put together with a binder ring!

The bottom three (animals, transportation, and sports records) are flashcards that are not from the $1 spot at Target.

Sooooo... if you want to make a little organizer like this using the flashcards you picked up from Target, you can click the pic below to download the six covers!  I bought the word family flashcards (for the rhyming set), outer space, presidents, flags of the world, insects, and United States.

I'd LOVE to see how you organize these if you download the freebie and would also love to know if you love it too!  So, let me know what you think!

Items I have made that are being used in the writing center pic at the top:

My other favorite writing items:


 

13 comments:

  1. I love the flash card display! I never know how to use these...what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went right out just now to try to find the necessary items for your awesome flashcard display for your writing center and after scrounging through the mess of the dollar spot I was able to get it all!! Can't wait to make my own now. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome idea! Your space looks amazing :)
    Kelli
    Tales of a Tenacious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! I have space for a writing center this year and I am SO excited to get it set up. I think you've told us this before but where did you get the "What do Writer's Write" pencil? Did you create that? (I should probably just go look in your store. lol)
    Also...I have your Grades 1-2 Writer's Notebook and it is FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flashcard display is awesome! I'll be heading (back) to Target soon, it seems... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! Now I have to run down to Target tomorrow. How did I miss these?! I did see the polka dot holder but I am now kicking myself because I didn't buy it! Where did you get the big pencil poster?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you using these as a fast finisher activity or a choice during Writing Workshop or...? Thanks for all the great ideas & freebies!! You Rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be at Target first thing tomorrow morning. I love your ideas and I can't wait to try it!!! Thanks for the freebies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...