I think you're aware that I need help with my pocket chart addiction. And if you aren't aware... now you are. I have a lot of them. But, when they are $1 at Target, how can I NOT buy three to five every. single. time I go there? Every. Single.
Anyway... I am using them. The rest, I've squirreled away in a drawer for a rainy day!
Last night I decided to try something out on one. Last year I had my class jobs printed on Avery labels and stuck to the outside of the pockets. It worked great! Except that, by the end of the year, they were smudged and peeling off.
So, last night I decided to try sticking paper labels on with Modge Podge and it worked out beautifully! I actually love it a whole lot and am trying to figure out how I can do this on more of my charts!
All I did was print those on paper and cut them out. Then I did put paper behind each pocket so that the Modge Podge didn't get on the fabric. I applied the Modge Podge to the plastic strips, laid down the paper, and Modge Podge'd over it! It took about 30 minutes to dry and now it's done! If you do it, just remember that it is only paper, so you have to go gently with the brush so you don't rip the paper.
I used a sponge brush too, btw!
I'm thinking some of my other charts that usually get student's names stuck on them every year might be getting numbers instead so I can make them with Modge Podge!
Link up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics to show off what you've been doing!
Welcome, Spring! Set 1 from Looks Like Language
2 hours ago