Monday, December 3, 2012

Author's Purpose- a Not Mine Freebie and Musings from a Clever Kiddo!

Last week we learned about Author's Purpose, which is one of my favorite strategies to teach about... besides inference, which is this week!

I found these awesome free Author's Purpose task cards and we played lots of "Back to Back"... my favorite way to teach and have fun at the same time!  I didn't make the Author's Purpose cards- Cathy Evans did... click the picture below to find them!
Then my students paired up and were assigned one of the Author's Purpose cards.  They had to read the card and complete this graphic organizer that is part of my "Common Core Graphic Organizers for Big Kids" pack.

I was so impressed with how well they did citing examples from the cards!

Check them out!

This one just cracked me up...

Can you read that?  You're right, little friend.  It probably IS just a rip off!  :)

So, that's it!  We had a ton of fun and understand Author's Purpose so much better!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to post some pics of my classroom... all decked out for Christmas!!!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...