Sunday, December 30, 2012

Celebrating and Linking Up!

Do you get the TpT newsletter e-mailed to you each Sunday?  I do and always look forward to seeing which of my bloggy friends have been recognized inside.  Well, today I'm the featured author!



Hooray!  If you haven't checked out my shop, there are TONS of freebies there (27 of 'em, to be precise!)... as well as some pretty darn good, classroom tested resources... if I do say so myself!

I'm also linking up today with Jen from The Teachers' Cauldron to share my New Year's Resolutions.  You have to share two- one personal and one bloggy resolution.

First... personal.

Two years ago I had some GREAT success with Weight Watchers.  I got to purchase pretty much a whole new wardrobe and feel awesome about myself!  This year I had some stresses going on and just stopped tracking and was on some medication that, coupled with not making careful food choices, helped me gain back too much of what I lost!  If I was braver, I'd show you the picture of me comparing my 2010 birthday picture (gross!) to my 2011 birthday picture... 2011 was AH-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, that's my main resolution... obsess over points again and work out!

Bloggy resolution...

I also want to be able to spend more time on other people's blogs.  My new job has kicked my butt when it comes to having extra TIME!  I miss commenting and seeing what ya'll are up to!

That's really all I've got for resolutions.  I have some goals I want to work toward this year, which I hope to be able to keep you all posted about too!

So, that's it!  If you want to share your resolutions too, check out Jen's linky party!

You can still link up on my linky too if you want to share your 2012 successes on your blog!  The linky closes tomorrow night, so I hope you'll check it out and come celebrate with us!


19 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that you are in the newsletter!! Good luck with all your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you featured this morning :) It's fun seeing people you follow. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw you in the newsletter! It's always nice to see a familiar face! Congratulations and good luck with your resolutions! I wish we could all have a little extra time. It has been great catching up with blogs over Christmas Break! Happy New Year!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, congratulations on your well deserved shout it in the TpT newsletter! Also, good luck to you with weight watchers. I know it's hard to get back on the wagon, but, I'm going to start writing down everything I eat, too. Not until January 1, though! One more day to let loose! I hope you have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being featured! Well deserved - I love your products! Good luck with your goals and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you in the newsletter this morning!! That is so great, you deserve it. I struggled with my weight for years!! It is so hard to balance it all out. Surfing changed my life and my figure, lol!! Good luck with your goals in the New Year!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the newsletter. I have been a big fan of your work since I moved to 2nd grade a few years back and stumbled onto your website. I feel like a stalker at times, but it is because you have wonderful ideas and create great things for teachers and students. Good luck in 2013!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so happy to see you as the featured author. I love your work and it has helped me to be a better teacher, too.
    good luck with weight watchers. I too am getting back on track after gaining back unwanted pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your resolutions. I did Weight Watchers online and really liked it but got away from tracking too. Then, I started doing My Fitness Pal (myfitnesspal.com). It tracks your calories, has a barcode scanner, and a huge database of foods. It also tells you if you continue to eat like you did today, you will weigh ____ in 5 weeks. Talk about motivation! The best part - it's free!
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being the featured author on TPT! You truly deserve it. I love reading your blog posts. You have so many great ideas! Good luck on your New Year's resolutions!

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so excited to see your face in the newsletter this morning! :)

    I may be jumping back on the Points wagon with you. UGH. I dread it - but you're right, it works!

    Abby
    Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being in the newsletter! That's awesome!

    I have the same goal to watch what I eat a bit better in 2013. All the best to you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christina! Congrats for being the featured teacher on TpT. Just noticed:))
    Happy New Year!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being featured in the TPT newsletter! Love your blog

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on being the featured teacher! :) I had great success with WW a few years ago and have gotten quite lax, so being more aware of my eating habits is one of my goals for this year too!
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course you are the featured author! You always have been in my eyes! You are ah-maz-ing! Congrats to you my friend! I have used an app on my phone and iPad and computer called myfitnesspal.com. It's a good one and easy to follow. Good luck. Losing weight is one of the toughest things we do!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats featured teacher! What an honor and you definitely deserve it. You are actually the one who inspired me to start blogging (I just started in October). I found your classroom website through pinterest and loved it and then found your blog. I didn't even know what a blog was until I found yours. Thank you because it has been the best thing for me. It has re-energized my teaching and I have met a lot of new friends. You look great by the way...so stinkin' cute. I turned 41 this year and that has taken it's toll on my weight...I can't eat anything anymore without gaining 5 pounds! My husband loves me though and that's what matters. Congrats again and thanks for inspiring me!

    Stephanie Ann
    Sparkling in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was SO EXCITED to see you featured!! Especially since "I knew you when"... way back when we were on Second grade teacher's club! CONGRATS,
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an honor! It was very cool to see you were the featured author!!! Your hard work had definitely paid off. :)
    Bug hugs,
    Shelly
    thelandofglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...