Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Guest Blogger- Stacy With Washi Tape!

Thanks Stacy from Funky Fresh Firsties for unleasing the craftiness in all of us with your post on Washi tape... I had not heard of this until reading this post and I'm in love!  I know ya'll will enjoy seeing how Stacy uses Washi tape to jazz up things for her classroom!

I am so excited to be hanging out with you today... I'm visiting from over at Funky Fresh Firsties. I love learning about new products... especially when it is something that I can use at school and in my personal life (What is that actually?  The two lives always seem morphed together, right?).  I want to share how I use Washi tape.  I discovered Washi tape a few years back and I was smitten... kinda like a love at first sight kinda deal!   A friend introduced us and I have been obsessed ever since.



Washi tape is a type of Japanese masking tape that can be used in a ridiculous amount of ways (seriously... type "washi tape" into the Pinterest search bar and you'll be amazed!!!)  I buy most of mine online at sites like Cute Tape ... but I have snagged quite a bit from some of the Daily Deal sites like Very Jane and Pick Your Plum .  You can even find simple patterns/designs at Target in the stationary section! 



I use it to make classroom displays (like frames on bulletin boards before I had a color printer... and just wanted to add a pop of color).  I also use it as a type of binding on leveled readers (from Reading A-Z) or on response journals after they've been assembled.  I just made these Lemonade War ones and I loved the yellow and white Washi tape on the edge! (picture me clapping like a happy seal when they were all finished!)  I also use it on my white board to make separate boxes or areas.  It peels right off without any residue when you're done!  It also peels right off paper without tearing it.  (kinda like painter's tape peels off)



At home I have use Washi tape to hang things on the fridge, make tabs in notebooks, and my boys know they can hang things on their walls with it also since it doesn't damage the paint.  I use it A LOT in my Erin Condren planner and also my desk calendar at work to block off weeks that we are off from school (like winter break or spring break).  It's a pop of color and also a pleasant reminder that there is a vacation coming up!

I have a few storage containers that hold my addiction supply!  I love seeing all the creative ways people find to use it.  Maybe you will decide to take and plunge and experiment, too!  I hope you will stop by sometime...  for ideas, freebies, giveaways, real life moments, humor, and the occasional gripe over at Funky Fresh Firsties





6 comments:

  1. I know I don't need another "addiction"... but I can already feel the temptation... Yep, I'm pretty sure I just have to have these! Sooooo cute!

    Thanks for the ideas...

    : )
    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! I never thought of using it on books to help with the binding! Great idea!

    :) Great Post!

    Carmen
    www.exploringthirdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmiword! Just went to Cute Tape and I think I will be STOCKING up on this stuff!! Thanks for the tip!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog! I love the design. So much information :) Check out my blog at

    The Adventures of Room 83

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I was just thinking the other day about how I could bind my Reading A-Z books in a cute way... this is perfect!!! Thanks SO much for sharing that great idea! And I didn't even think about using it to hang things on the fridge! Totally trying this now that I have lots more reasons to use it!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...