Thursday, April 11, 2013

Have You Met My Friend Tracy... a "What's Working Wednesday"... a Little Late!

If you haven't... you're missing out!

I just HAD to post today to give a shout out to my friend Tracy over at Creekside Teacher Tales.



She is the sweetest friend... so sharing and caring... and SO creative!  I love following her blog and her TpT store!!!!

So, I'm linking up with Gina and Brandi and sharing what's been working for me and that is using Tracy's stuff.  It's seriously amazing.


We've been using Tracy's reading passages in class to work on comprehension.  I've gotta tell you... her Non-fiction Animal passages are one of the greatest things I own!


When we started these, the kids were not doing great on them.  They're tough!  Students read a passage written at an upper elementary level and answer questions that come directly from the text... and it was HARD for them!

Now, we're doing one weekly and their scores have dramatically improved since starting this pack.  We've used her author's purpose pages from the pack and there are SO many goodies in there... it's AMAZING!!!

So, for the rest of the year, we're going to switch off and do these one week and then fiction passages and assessments the next week.  Guess what... Tracy's got a pack for that too!

We're going to read and test on the passage "The Rescue" tomorrow and I know my kiddos will LOVE the graphics so much!

So, that's what's been working.  I'm getting some great assessing in thanks to Tracy!

Since I'm bragging about my friend, I have to tell you abut my favorite, favorite thing I own from her...  "Find Us Forever Homes"!  This thing is ridiculously awesome.  Not only is it full of super cute dogs, but it has students practicing SO many critical reading comprehension skills!
 
I hope you'll check Tracy out and link up with Gina and Brandi to show off what's been working for you this week!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love Tracy's things too but I don't have those last two! I am off to check them out now!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been using that fiction back and the kids do love it!!

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have checked out the Find us a Forever Home pack for awhile, but wondered if it might be too easy for my kids. However I'm excited for the non fiction texts. Just assss them to my favorites:)
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...