Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Using Computer Programs to Teach and Learn

I recently received a surprise package from Lakeshore Learning and was so excited to find it full of their amazing computer software titles!






Have you ever tried their software?  It's GREAT and these are no exception.  I love the math "Bubble Pop" game... students can set up their own individual accounts and progress through levels of math facts at their own pace.  We've been working really hard on math interventions and this game has been a great way to practice!

The "Phonics Quiz" game is a Jeopardy style game where teams can compete to earn points and show off their phonics skills.  This would have been PERFECT for me when I taught 1st and 2nd grades last year!  I already own the math, science, language arts, vocabulary, and grammar quiz games and LOVE LOVE LOVE them.  They are geared for 1st-3rd grade and we love doing them together for fun.  I display it up on my screen and use my Mimio pad to help us interact with it... kiddos buzz in with our Eggspert and it's a totally interactive way to practice skills!

My absolute favorite software purchase that I've made from Lakeshore, that you simply HAVE to purchase, is the Interactive Graphic Organizers download.





I have this on my computer and we use it often... when I introduce comprehension skills we can pull it up, look at the organizer, use the Mimio pad to write on it (or, if you had an interactive white board that would be even better!), and print!

Each organizer comes with a story that has been written especially for that type of comprehension skill that you can print or read on the screen and then students can complete their own printable organizer.  It also saves your work as you go, which I love!

I bought this when I taught 1st/2nd grade and used it often then and still use it now as a 3rd grade teacher... it's really versatile!

They even have some that would be AMAZING for morning work... I would LOVE to get my hands on this one.  It's a grade 3/4 Daily Interactive Language Station.  They also have PLINKO style games... I know my kiddos would love using those too!


I would highly recommend any of their software... it's fun, engaging, and students don't even know how much learning they are actively doing... and it comes from Lakeshore so you know it's awesome!

5 comments:

  1. I love the graphic organizer one! I am definitely pinning that to look into getting it! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a good program for math facts. I still have students struggling with math facts. I will have to make a drive to Lakeshore Learning and get Bubble Pop.

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I have never tried LakeShore's programs but I love the graphic organizer one. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the vocabulary jeopardy game, and my kids really enjoy it. I noticed their new catalog had several games you could use on the smartboard. Too much fun. (And some sneaky learning).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Offers You will be able to gain high returns on low investment! Hardly, you will happen to find a similar solution anywhere in the market.


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...