Sunday, October 21, 2012

Graphic Organizers for Big Kids... and a FREEBIE!

Hey there!

Today was a super success for me... laundry, a cookie, worked out, and went shopping with my seeister!!!  I'm a clothes junkie and I got a ton for only $70.00!!!  Woot woot!

I also finished a graphic organizer pack that I've been working on for a while.  We've been using these in class and I've finally finished with the last minute touches.

I'm so psyched to show you my Graphic Organizers for Big Kids pack!  It is CCSS aligned for grades 3-5 for many of the RL and RI standards.
Find it on TpT

Here's one we've just finished using while we read The Chocolate Touch.  I love using that book for teaching character development and visualizing- I have a little mini-pack for it on TpT too!  Anywho... this organizer is one of the 25 included in the pack, but I'm sharing it with you for free!

You just need to run it front-to-back and have students write in the chapter numbers.  We only used 12 for The Chocolate Touch, so no worries if you don't use them all.  Students drew their visualizations while I read and then we talked about them after each chapter.  At the end, they wrote about how the character changed in the spot at the bottom of the page.

Click the pic for the freebie in Google Docs!  And I'd love to know what you think!  :)
 

4 comments:

  1. I love The Chocolate Touch! Such a fun book for kids.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebie! We are working on visualizing right now...so perfect!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina! Thank you so much for the freebie! I could definitely use this with my students.

    I wanted to let you know that you've been BOO'D! I am a huge fan of your blog & I just wanted to say thank you for everything you share! Also, head on over to my TPT store and pick out something you would like as a Halloween "treat"! I'll email you whichever product you choose!

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute graphic organizer. This is perfect to use with my guided reading groups.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...