Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Freebie... Time Flippy Book!

I had no idea ya'll liked the flippy books so much! I just figured out how to look at the downloads on Teacher's Notebook and those are, by far, the most popular things I have in my shop right now!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support of the new shop (which just got a facelift thanks to the fabulous Alicia at Dreamlike Magic Designs!), the blog these past 6 months, the Facebook page, and the Teaching Oasis so I added a time flippy for FREE! Any other "flippy requests"? I'm off of school until the 9th, so I'd love to hear what else you'd be interested in.  The time flippy is no longer free... but it's still only $1!  :)


And, last night I finished the most fabulous book- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Now I'm a lover of teen fiction (ie. City of... series by Cassandra Clare, Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz) and this was similar, but more adulty. I LOVED IT. READ IT! Please! And if you have read it, let me know because I want to talk about it... I'm the first one of my reader friends to get it, so it's my duty to lend it so no one I know has read it yet! Anyway, after I read it, my brain was buzzing with the ending of the book and just a desire to actually GO to The Night Circus. Why does it have to be fake?! I love to read, but usually about mid-way through the year, the pile of books on my nightstand exponentially grows, and never gets any smaller. This year, I resolve to read more! So, this book was finished on January 2! I started Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close last night and am about halfway though... it is also excellent.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep because I was too excited about the book. So, I also added a flippy on coins. You can view that here if you'd like!

Have a happy Tuesday! I'm off to school today. I'm going to copy and laminate and re-organize the cupboards that were emptied to fix the leak last week. I *might* re-arrange some furniture too... if I do, I'll take some pics and share what I accomplished! Tomorrow I'm off for a day of scrapbooking with my group, the SWANS (scrapbooking women at new stores) tomorrow, so I'll be organizing my bag when I get back from school this afternoon!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie..and I will have to check out that book! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the free flippy book! I am so glad to hear others are loving your flippy books because I am in love with them! They are perfect review books for morning work or to conclude a lesson. I can't tell you how awesome they are!

    Some ideas for other flippy books: fractions or life cycles

    Primary Junction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you!! :) Love the flippies!

    I'll have to look into The Night Circus. Did you read The Hunger Games?? I read all three books in the first three days of my winter break!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda- I read the first Hunger Games book and LOVED it. But I couldn't get in to the 2nd one. The movie looks amazing though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love more flippies that use the social studies and science content core! Holiday flippies would be fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am teaching time right now! This freebie is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question: Where did get/purchase the clock clip art for your flippy book? I want to create a move about math for my class/blog and have been googling like crazy to get something I like. Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! And you've been busy busy!!!
    Can't wait to check out those books.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED, LOVED the night circus and have been looking for other things like it. Thanks for sharing.
    - Lisa
    a teachers bag of tricks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the book recommendation. I loved the city of series too so I'm definitely getting this one.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the freebie! I LOVE the flippy book!
    -Megan

    http://firstgrademagic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the time book, I copied it for my kids to use. One think my kids have a hard time remembering is which hand is which. So I came up with a trick that usually helps them. The word MINUTE is a long word. . . it has 6 letters in it, this is for the long hand.
    The word HOUR is a short word, it has only 4 letters in it, os it is the short hand. MINUTE =long word, long hand. HOUR = short word, short hand. Try it with you kids and see if it helps them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also loved the Night Circus, if you liked it you might like Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children. Thanks for the great blog and freebies it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your flippy books, Christina!! Would you consider making one for soils (sand, clay, and silt) and landforms? I would love those two!

    Thanks again!
    Elizabeth
    www.mrsfarmers2ndgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This flippy is so darn cute! I'm a sucker for teen fiction. That's one of the reasons I bought my Kindle - so no one could see that I was obsessively reading The Hunger Games (my faaaaaavorite!)

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just went to your tn store and stocked up on Flippies! What a great idea!
    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your time flippy looks fantastic! I'd love to download it or even purchase it, but can't seem to find it when I click on the link. Is there some other way I could get a copy?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...