Thursday, May 24, 2012

End of the Year Memories Freebie

I am so TIRED!  We spent the day at a historic (an historic?) one room school house and then to the fruit farm!  I'm burnt and tired, but it was super fun.  And I got the last of the pictures I needed to finish my end of the year movie... which is being burnt onto a test DVD right now!!!!!!!

The fabulous most teeny tiny teacher, Kristin, wondered what songs I included... well, I would never want to violate copyright laws by including music I don't have the rights to... but... if I DID include songs, I suppose I would have things like "Hoedown" for our first day of school pics (Western theme and all), Chuck Berry's "School Days" and the Jackson 5's "ABC" for classroom stuff, Bruno Mars' "Count on Me" and "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story for other stuff... possibly "Thriller" for Halloween, "Jingle Bells" by the Glee cast for Christmas, ELO's "Beautiful Day" and Jack Johnson's "We Are Gonna Be Friends" might also be included.  I would probably also add some instrumental stuff like "Chopsticks", "In the Hall of the Mountain King", maybe some "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" for holiday stuff and also the Green Lantern theme... the version from the movie "Kill Bill" is a good one.

So... there's my two cents!  ;)

Yesterday I took in the pictures of each kid that I didn't use for the scrapbooks that I made and they had to pick their favorite one and write about the memory of that day for one last hallway display.

Here's a picture of how they turned out.



They had so much fun looking through them and sharing pictures with friends.  It got me super excited about actually giving them their scrapbooks!

You can get your own copy of the writing paper below!  This could be a nice keepsake for your kiddos too, if you're looking for a quick end of the year gift... possibly a framed picture and a piece of outstanding writing to go with it!  :)

I'll be back around this weekend!  Have a good Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I really like your musical playlist! I will be making my dvd this next week so this helps.

    Thanks!

    Sheila
    Sprinkle Teaching Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable wall display!! I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea . . . this is definitely getting worked into the mix next week! Thanks so much for the freebie!


    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the remember when writing. Great end of the year activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Do you have a version that is not year specific?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...