Friday, September 5, 2014

Friendship Friday... Fun Idea & Freebie!

First week of school = finished!  It was only 3 1/2 days, but I have a GREAT group of kiddos and I'm so psyched to be working with them this year!

Today was FRIENDSHIP FRIDAY in my classroom.  We played lots of learning games with different partners, read together, and made the ultimate friendship snack mix!

Each student brought in an item that is special to them and talked about their item to the class.  Everyone also brought a baggie with their favorite snack item inside... check out this messy desk with all of the snack items...

Each kiddo got to come up, tell us what they brought, and then pour it into the container.  The container on the table is the one I brought from home to mix this snack mix in... I quickly realized it would not be big enough!

After everything was mixed together, each kiddo got a cup of the mix in the baggie they brought their item in.  Then everyone got a second baggie to give to a friend... thus keeping Friendship Friday alive and well after school was over!

You can snag a copy of the letter I sent home explaining Friendship Friday by clicking the pic below!  I'd love to hear what you think if you use it!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a Friendship Snack! Now I'm hungry... :)

    Colleen from
    http://www.achocolatedudley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea...I'm trying to think how we could do non-food items. Our school banned any food related activities this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your friendship Friday idea! :) Thanks for sharing.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...