Thursday, April 26, 2012

Meatballs, Butterflies, Eyeballs, Goldfish, Bathtubs, and More!

Compound words is the name of the game this week in Room 10.  And, I guess that synonyms and antonyms are the middle and last names of the game too.

We did this activity for morning work today and the kids had fun with it.  I got the poem from this book by Scholastic which I love... it has poems for EVERYTHING!!!!  We do a poem each week for fluency and put them in our poetry notebooks.  I have amassed a large collection of poetry books, but this one is my favorite!

Anywho here's the page we did for the compound word poem... if you click on the pic you can get your copy!

We're also gearing up to play a spring/buggy themed compound word memory match game tomorrow.  It's from my Buggy for Language Arts center set pack.  I don't quite think my kids are compound worded out yet!  We also watched this fun You Tube video...
 

Ok- tomorrow's my 2nd Lakeshore Learning giveaway and review... hope you'll pop back then! 

Looking for more compound word fun?  Check out this compound word classroom or hallway hunt in my TpT store!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! We have been working on compound words too. My kids get so into it. Thanks for sharing these!
    YOU ROCK!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the Dr. Jean video! I have Dr. Jean's CD of this song that we always dance to, but I like having the pictures with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the freebie! I love it! Come check out my very new blog at

    totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

    Lohren Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fun! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to check back tomorrow! Thanks for the tip about the poetry book I haven't heard of that one.

    Sheila

    Sprinkle Teaching Magic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the wonderful poetry freebies!

    Mary
    Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...