Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BLERG! Fry Phrase Pack Error and a Freebie as a Peace Offering!

How come kids aren't as observant about errors in their own work as they are about errors in ours?  And why couldn't mine have been a little quicker to find it?!

We've only been playing "Roll, Read, Repeat" for DAYS and having so much fun doing it!  See- here we are... having fun!

Then, today, one of my little friends laughed and said, "With three dice, how can I ever roll a 1 or a 2 for this game?  I'll never get to read those phrases!"

So glad for such a smartie... but wishing he'd been a little quicker to come to that conclusion!  Or, even better... wishing I had realized it first!  You know... a week ago!

So, each Roll, Read, Repeat board in all of my Fry packs has been changed to have 16 spaces, numbered 3-18 so that every square can actually be read!  I de-activated them all this afternoon to spare anyone who wanted to purchase them from buying the error packs... but if you downloaded them prior to about 10am today, you have the baddies.  I'm so sorry!!!!!!

I'm SO sorry and beg your forgiveness if you purchased any of them!  I had my kids today just roll 1 dice for a bit to do the #1 and #2, but the rest of the ones I print will have the right number of spaces on them to play the game!

To make up for it, here's a corrected free board from the 5th 100 pack... with 16 spaces!
Tune in tomorrow for the winner of the all six Fry pack giveaway!  Click HERE to enter if you missed it!

8 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself! And what a smart kid for being so observant.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do those kind of things all the time, too! I know what you mean.....blerg! haha! No worries! We played today too, & my kiddos also noticed....but they LOVED playing it!

    Brenda
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO... I hate it when the kids point out a mistake to me!! Give me a break kiddos, you make mistakes every day! LOL.... as a little side note though, I am not a TPT seller, because I am not nearly as creative as YOU are, but I am really good at catching stuff like that, so if you ever want an extra set of eyes to check things over, I am happy to help... (especially right now; I am so bored trying to fill my days as my student teacher has recently taken over my classroom).

    In other news, we have had over a foot of snow fall since Sunday (two feet or more in some locations), and are still on winter storm watch.... and STILL NO SNOW DAY :( booooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those things happen all the time, especially to guys!

    Best,
    Ramon
    Fonts 4 Teachers
    Fonts 4 Teachers in TPT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I'm your newest follower, thanks to blog hopping and comment stalking! :-P I'm excited to read more from you!
    Jessica
    ideas by jivey


    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries, we worked with 3 dice that had zeroes on them. Instant fix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave you a shout out for your fonts on Top Teachers: http://www.tipsfortopteachers.com/ so maybe you'll get some more friends to take a look at your fonts!
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christina,
    I'm so glad to hear that it isn't just this newbie who finds errors after checking and rechecking! If YOU (a blogging idol!) had an error, it makes the rest of us feel SO much better! ;) I'm impressed with your student who found that! You're doing a great job with the kids!
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...