Sunday, January 6, 2013

Two Newbies, Font Contest, and a big THANKS!

First off... two newbie products!

I'm teaching past tense verbs this coming week and wanted something fresh and fun for my kiddos... so this was born:

 Find it on TpT

Galactic Tenses!  CCSS aligned for 2nd and 3rd grades and full of fun... including a classroom or hallway verb hunt... my favorite!!!!  I know my boys will love it!

And, my bite from the font bug is just getting bigger!  I have 10 new fonts!!!!
Find them on TpT


I'm so proud to say that every font in the Galactic Verbs pack above is one of my own!  :)  Hubby requested I name a font "Magnifico"... so that's for you, D!

Font contest...  If you can tell me which of those fonts is in honor of my favorite musical and how you know, I'll send the first person with the right answer the set for FREE!  Here's a hint... RENT is my fav.

*Update*  Wow- you guys are good!  I can't believe my font contest was so dang easy!

And last... a big THANKS!

On Friday, my blog post was one I was nervous about; I gave a lengthy explanation of how to successfully grow your blog and TpT store followers.  I didn't want to offend anyone or come off as preachy but, based on the number of views, pins, and comments that post got, it's obvious that it was well received and a good reminder.

This post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.  It came about from conversations bloggy friends have been having for a while.

I'm going to begin, each Friday, doing a post with tips and tricks for new bloggers and sellers... and reminders for us oldies too.  This coming week (on Thursday this week) I'm going to do the dos and don'ts of leaving feedback on TpT.  If you have any topics you'd like me to share my opinion about, let me know in the comments here and I'll try and tackle them.  I also plan on having some guest bloggers on these topics too... so I might be calling on you for your help too!

If you missed Friday's post and want to read my opinion or the comments from others- which are GREAT- click the image below to go to the post.

That's it!  Happy Sunday!  It's my last day off before heading back tomorrow.  I'm ready to get back in the swing of things.  How about you?

22 comments:

  1. Is if Mimi? Rent?

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Mimi, too, because she's a character :) Love the fonts! Do you use iFontMaker?

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- ifontmaker! :) What is your e-mail so I can send you the fonts?

      Delete
  3. I thought mini too:) LOVE your fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to hear about "meaningful comments". I do leave comments on a lot of blogs, but I am not so sure they are 'meaningful' :)
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does it irritate you bloggers for NON bloggers to stalk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking Mimi...Rent??

    I didn't get a chance to comment on Friday's post. You were dead-on, girl. Thank you for taking the time to write what a lot of "us" think. To Jay Pea above...no, it doesn't bother bloggers for NON bloggers to stalk. We blog to inspire and share ideas. It's the non-bloggers that sometimes leave the most meaningful comments.

    Thanks again, Christina for opening up the conversation.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your tenses pack! I am a huge fan of Star Wars because it is so darn engaging for my struggling boys :) Thank you for also leading the way when it comes to proper dos and don'ts- it's something that is so important and will help us build each other up and keep this community so positive and supportive!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fonts Christina. I posted your poster and a link to your blog on my post today. I love the idea about Friday tips. I look forward to reading them!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I missed your post on Friday. It is fabulous and I agree whole heartedly with what you said. :)

    I also love the verb pack! Yay that every font was your own. What a fantastic feeling huh?

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute fonts. I am also going back tomorrow, but I am already missing my vacation. Good luck tomorrow!

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though I don't have a blog, I do follow several blogs and will, on occasion, comment if I feel I have a worthwhile comment. I was glad to read Jay Pea's question. I appreciated Elizabeth's response because I did wonder how bloggers felt about us "nonbloggers". Thank you for sharing your insight Christina...I felt it was done with the right attitude and professionalism.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, I am going to email you with a TpT topic that I think needs to be covered. :) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to use your "Such a Square" font! Too cute and easy to read :)

    -Courtney
    http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEK! I LOVE Star wars!! So excited to see this unit! As the "Star Wars teacher" I think I have to go buy it. (Not even kidding, I've heard 1st graders walk by my door and whisper that I'm the "star wars teacher"...which cracks me up because I just have an action figure collection on my desk that gives it away.) Anyway, looks like an great verb unit and I LOVE that you used the Star Wars characters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love reading your blog do's and don'ts! They are so true and I love getting advice from such an amazing blogger! Your blog has been one that I've followed from the very beginning of my blogging experience (not too long ago) and I have always respected your blogging etiquette, your hilarious posts, your sincere posts, and your incredible craftiness! Thanks for the inspiration and advice :)

    Also, I love your verb unit! What a great idea. I teach 4th but may have to see if I could buy it and modify to work for my kiddos for a little extra push! My boys would LOVE it too!

    Thanks again,

    Amelia
    thewildthingslearn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...