Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day Frame... Thank you Pinterest! And {LOTS} More... Room Pics and Updated Freebie!

Yesterday was a LONG day.  I did nothing but school from about 7:00am until 9:00ish pm.  Nothing.

I did get a visit from two friends and some kiddos at my new room which was *SO* nice!  I snagged one of the kiddos... C, who was one of my firsties last year... so I could show you what I made... thanks PINTEREST!

I'm glad I did this photoshoot because now I know that I need my kiddos to be against a solid background so this "pops" a little more... but I love it!

Next... I got a sweet surprise in the mail last week.  I was sitting at the computer (where else would I be?) and the dogs started barking like maniacs.  Just as I was about to furrow my brow at them, the doorbell rang and I got there just in time to see the UPS man sauntering away after dropping this on my porch:



A box of free craft supplies from Craftprojectideas.com.   They sent me some amazing items earlier this summer, but I knew those were coming... this was a TOTAL surprise!  So now I have a stock of pony beads, paintbrushes, fuzzy pom-poms, craft sticks, pipe cleaners, construction paper, and magnets for the art projects in my classroom!  I know all of these products are available at Wal-Mart too if you'd like to get some for yourself!

And last... (what'd I tell you the other day?  It's a blog trifecta AGAIN- frame, box, pictures).

Here are a few more classroom pics:

Here's my partner reading table with my super fun partner reading activities in the green basket.  I can't WAIT to teach my kiddos how to check each others' understanding by playing those games during "Read to Someone"!  The white basket has books that are perfect for partners and the wicker basket with stuffed animals has a cat, dog, and bear with books "How to Read to Your Cat", "How to Read to your Dog", and "How to read to your Bear".  Kiddos love reading those books to the stuffies... at least 2nd graders do so I'm hoping 3rd graders will too!


Just had to show off that chevron rug!  There's my listening station too.

Here's my area... I had to go back and get *ANOTHER* colorful rug from Big Lots!

And then truly last... so I guess this isn't a trifecta... it's a quadfecta?

The Collaborative First Day Tips and Tricks handbook that I shared a bit ago has had a few more ideas added to it and I have re-uploaded the file to TpT.

Click the pic below to get your free updated copy!  It's full of 1st day ideas for establishing classroom norms.

That's it folks!  I have another busy day ahead... hoping I can relax and breathe a little this weekend before starting my LAST WEEK before school starts!  Yikes!

Hoping to post a giveaway tomorrow... stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. Love the first day photo, and your rugs!
    Have fun with all those new supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a silly question. Do you vacuum your rugs or does the custodial staff? I think my custodian would give me dirty looks if I tried to jazz up my room with little area rugs. But I want to do it so badly because it looks adorable.

    marybeth
    Cialini Chat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your frame! I made some too, one for my son's class. I think I'll take my kids outside and have the brick wall as the background. It's too hard inside the classroom to find a bare or solid wall! Yes, we are all a little too anal about covering those walls aren't we? Ha! I also think I better make a trip to Big Lots, unless you've taken all the cool rugs!!!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bunting on that frame :)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... I am wondering how so many teachers get these free boxes of stuff in the mail. ???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...