Monday, August 13, 2012

*SEW* Easy Chair Pockets!


I made some chair pockets!!!!!  I had a set of 25 I bought several years ago, but my class list is around 30 for this year so I needed some more.  The ones I currently have a denim, so I bought some denim and figured out how to make them.

They were so EASY!  I couldn't believe it!  I'm am not a sewer... (that would be so-er... not a gross and dirty SEWER, which I am not either), but I had so much fun making them that I want to learn how to make more things!

Using the denim made it really easy because I didn't have to sew two pieces of fabric back to back to have chair pockets that had a different looking top and bottom.  You know what I mean?

Anyway, here's a pic of what I made.  I'm not at school today, so I can't show you on a chair, but here's how one looks laying on my dining room table:

Sew, I made a little tutorial on how I made them with pictures and directions in case you're interested!  Just click the picture below and you can see how I did this.

When I was done, I had some extra fabric left so I toyed around and made myself something...


Now, don't mind the scraggly edge... I should have hemmed it on the other side... but, for a first attempt, I'm so excited!  I'm going to attach it via the button and button hole to the frame of my easel to hold markers!  My easel ledge always gets so full with books and sticky notes and this and that... my markers are always falling off!  So now I'll just keep them in the pockets and my easel ledge will be free for my other stuff.

And now for some reminders...


1.)  The Back to School sale at Teacher's Notebook and Teachers pay Teachers ends at midnight tonight!  Everything in my shops is 20% off and TpT is offering an additional 10% if you enter the code BTS12 at checkout!

My "Monthly Calendar and Diary set" and flippy books have been selling like hotcakes!  Check them out if you're looking for some fun new ideas for your classroom!  You can see how I use the diary & calendar set here.

2.)  Have you entered my Brag Tag giveaway?  You MUST check out that post and enter!  It ends at midnight on Thursday!

Ok... that's it!  Enjoy the day!  Head over to 4th Grade Frolics to see what everyone else is making today!

6 comments:

  1. I laughed when you said you specified which kind of SEWER you aren't!! :) Your chair pockets turned out crazy cute, good job!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chair pockets look very nice! Way to go!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Christina!! :) You just added something new to my to-do list!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your chair pockets! I am your newest follower. I would love to have you visit my blog and enter my latest giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cuteness!! That turned out perfect!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...