Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Product Swap- Treasures Vocabulary!

MrsStanfordsClass


Oh how fun!  The brilliantly amazing Jessica from Mrs. Stanford's Class shared this amazing idea for a product swap... where two TpT sellers would be paired up, choose an item from the other person's shop, and figure out how they'd like to use it in their classroom!

I was partnered up with Fern Smith... which I was super excited about since she teaches third grade and I'm beginning my first year in 3rd after 6 years in 1st and 2nd!

I'm not going to lie.  I've had a B-U-S-Y summer both professionally and personally, so I wanted something I could use without too much prep work.

I was so excited to find her file of vocabulary words for the 3rd grade Treasures reading series!  This has made my organizing life so much easier... I have printed off each page and placed them in my file folders so I have the words at my finger tips when I begin planning for my units.

There is so much you could do with these- print each list, cut the words into strips, and use them at a center for ABC order... print, cut, and pass words out to students and ask them to define them... print, cut, hang around the room for "Read the Room" activities...

Fern's amazing original idea is to use them on a word wall... this picture comes from her packet (don't you love when teachers include pictures of how the item works in their classroom in the stuff you buy?!) so you can see how she uses the word lists...

I love that the lists are nice and clean and easy to read and it's so helpful that they are just all organized for you in one spot!

Fern has TONS of great items in her store including center games, SO MANY FREEBIES!!!, and lots of Powerpoint presentations to make introducing word families super fun, easy, and interactive!

I hope you will hurry over to Fern's TpT store and pop this item in your cart- as a new teacher to 3rd grade, I have found there aren't a ton of Treasures resources out there for 3rd... so this was definitely a great find for me!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and have followed you since you had your website. Welcome to 3rd grade! Here is a great website we use with Treasures. My kids especially love the vocabulary powerpoints.

    http://thirdgrade.okaloosaschools.wikispaces.net/Reading+Unit+1


    I also have a pacing guide that I recreated after finding one online that combines Treasures and CAFE. If you'd like me to email it to you, let me know.

    Marlene

    I Heart Teaching Elementary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...