Saturday, August 25, 2012

Responding to Reading- Interactive Poster


This just arrived from Vistaprint and I couldn't be happier!

Now, I can't remember which blog I saw this on, but someone else used VP to make an interactive "Respond to Reading" poster which is what inspired me.  So, sorry I can't give you a shoutout, mystery Vistaprint inspiration!

Anywho... this is the large poster (which wasn't free, but still inexpensive!).  So I made the file in Publisher, saved as a PDF, uploaded, cropped, and... there you have it!

So, now it's laminated so I can write a question at the top (that is me, learning how to write in D'Nealian... yikes!  I have some practicing to do!) and students will respond by taking a sticky note (inside the bucket hanging on the knob), writing their answer, and sticking it on the spot that corresponds with their student number.  The first question is an easy one, but I plan to do lots of higher level comprehension questioning with this one.

I do have four classes of 3rd graders I'll be seeing for reading... I'm thinking I'll mainly use this for my homeroom group more than I will the other three groups... but it would be a GREAT quick "exit slip" type of thing or way for students to be held accountable during read to self time as they could answer a question or write a way they've been using our comprehension skills in their reading.

I'm pretty geeked about this one!  I even got my first ever message from Vistaprint that my image may be too distorted when blown up to this size, but I decided to order it anyway and it looks great!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for 5 sheets of personalized stickers!  It ends tomorrow... just check out yesterday's blog post!

Happy Saturday, peeps!

13 comments:

  1. O.M.G CHRISTINA- I think I HAVE to do this! I love it! I saw something similar around blogland too {I don't remember where-boo.} Which VP item did you create this as...a poster...a banner?

    ♥ Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cute! It a great way to organize their thoughts.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could use a different color sticky note for each of you classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could use a different color sticky note for each of you classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! :) What a great way to hold students accountable and quickly check for understanding. I want to share it with my teachers.

    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there any way you would share the Publisher file? It looks so cute! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your poster! I think if I were going to teach 4 reading classes, I might have a different color post-it note for each class so EVERYONE could respond to the prompt. That might be really helpful once kids get into the higher thinking skills later on. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woul love, love, love if you would share your file!!???!! This is exactly what I am looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea! I would also love if you could share your file! We have a poster maker at school-it wouldn't end up as colorful or cute as yours but still would be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, Christina! Could you share, pretty please? I would buy it from your store and send it off to Vista Print in a heartbeat!
    What a fantastic idea!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE LOVE this !! I'm with the others... would you be willing to share your file? I would never be able to make something this cute!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Tori
    Tori's Teacher Tips

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fantastic! I love this idea and am going to share it with some other teachers at my school. Did you just use the poster or the banner?
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...