Thursday, November 17, 2011

Twas' the Week Before a Week Off...

...and all through the classroom, the teacher was freaking out about doing crafty projects that have some meat to them, wrapping up studies, and then... getting a whole week off! :)

So, it doesn't rhyme, but that's how I'm feeling right now in a nutshell!

This week we've done two little projects... one was inspired by Mrs. Carroll over at The First Grade Parade. When I saw her little scarecrows, I knew I had to do something similar. Since we studied possessive nouns this week, we read lots of scarecrow books and my kids created scarecrows and then wrote sentences containing possessives in them to display with their scarecrows. Take a peek!


Today, we watercolor painted a turkey because I realized I had done very little "fun" stuff for Thanksgiving this year... it just sort of snuck up on me! So, we did this quick activity. As my students were watercolor painting, I called each one up to my computer, typed their quote about what they were thankful for, and compiled everyone's quotes into one document. Then I added a text box and pasted in what each individual student said and they attached that to their painting. I love it! :)


And this last one just made my heart happy! :)


Happy week... tomorrow's our last day for a week!

3 comments:

  1. Your scarecrows are really cute! I will have to do that next week. I wish we got the entire week off too but we have to go on Monday and Tuesday. I am so ready for the break!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Love the whole page of thankful for's. Super cute!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this post and I LOVE the turkeys with the list of thankful thoughts from your kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...