Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Classroom Photos & June 12

Some kiddies and I rearranged my room last week and I wanted to give you a peek inside!  I posted similar pictures last summer, but now it's all in a new place!

 Here's the view from the door... set up and ready for my summer school kids!

 This is our meeting area.  I LOVE having my little people on their spots on the rug while we learn together!  Couldn't make it without my easel either!  

 Here's our library.  You can see our CAFE wall peeking out on the right and our poem of the week in the middle-ish.

 All about Michigan!

 I have lots of chapter books for enriching my readers during Daily Five.  The top shelf has books staked twice thick.  We love them!  On the bottom shelf, you can see my sight word kits from Lakeshore.  I believe they are not available anymore, but they are AWESOME.  If you can find them, you should buy them!

 Here's my small group area with my little easel, three-drawered containers in the back for my guided reading group materials, and other reading "stuff" on the shelf behind me.

This is that shelf with other reading "stuff".  I have my Treasures readers in bins on the bottom shelf (units 1 and 2 ready for the fall!), fluency readers, and word work things on the top shelf.

 This is my listening area.  I will be retiring the books on tape & tape player after summer school, as I'm hoping to get some iPod Nanos from my Donor's Choose proposal this summer.  It's the end of an era!

 Ok- colored bins are for my math workstations, the red pocket charts are for Daily Five choices, the three-drawered containers are for paper for the writing center, student mail boxes are black.  On the right, you can see my awesome pencil sharpener.  Those baskets hanging from the bookshelf on the right hold my homework for my 2 grade levels.  And there are some math things in bins on that bookshelf too.

Here's my math wall.  There's a pocket chart with vocabulary words that needs to get put up too- it's missing since the classroom rearranging!

 My students LOVE reading a book with a partner and then coming to this door to do a "somebody-wanted-but-so" summary!  You can find the cards in my Little Critter pack on TpT or TN.

 This is our partner reading "check for comprehension" basket.  Love the wands from Lakeshore!  Ms. Fiorini's fiction and non-fiction "Walk and Talks" are in here too and they are a FAVORITE!  In the bottom are comprehension eggs!

See this thing?  We love to sit on it to read... hence the messy blanket!  Next to it are hula hoops for students to have their own personal space while sitting inside of it and a pink folding beach chair for reading on which always causes drama at the beginning of the year as everyone wants to sit on it!

Now... lift the lid of this amazing wooden box and here's what is inside:
 
an absolute mess of bulletin board things!  No matter how often I clean this out or how neatly I put things away, it always looks like this when I open the lid!

So, there you have it!

On a side note- today is a special day!  It's my 8 year anniversary with my wonderful husband AND it's my grandma's birthday.  We were so very close and she died unexpectedly the year before my wedding, so to honor her forever, we got married on her birthday... and, just one more tidbit of knowledge, it was also she and my grandpa's anniversary!  :)  June 12 is a special day around here.

Here's what my hubby sent me while I was at summer school today:

So, we're going to go out for dinner tonight!  Yay!  Not sure yet where we're going... a restaurant in our area got a make-over from the Food Network Show "Kitchen Impossible" with Robert Irvine two weeks ago!  We talked about going there... so... maybe!

32 comments:

  1. What gorgeous flowers to celebrate your anniversary.
    Enjoy your dinner.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom looks great! Your wedding date really touched my heart. What a wonderful way to celebrate and remember your grandmother with such a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 8 years! The flowers are beautiful!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your classroom looks awesome! Congrats on your 8 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love taking a peek into other teachers classrooms! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love the Hula Hoop idea for students having their own area. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to have so many teaching materials! WOW!
    www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree June 12 is a special day...it's also my birthday! Lol.

    Happy anniversary :)


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary - I love how meaningful it is!!!
    Love your classroom tables -- I wish I had tables and I wish I could paint them!! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoop . . . whoop . . . happy anniversary! We watch Kitchen Impossible every week. Let us know if you pull the trigger and hit that place up :). Loved getting to see your room today!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hula hoops....genius way to create a space bubble!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to your and hubs! Have fun celebrating! I LOVE your pictures. Thanks for letting us peek inside your beautiful classroom.

    Ѽ Lori

    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. *you and hubs, that is! Not your and hubs!

    Ѽ Lori

    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I wish I still had a huge room!! Totally envious of your storage!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought those star wands from Lakeshore! Love them!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! That is a nice big room! I hope you had a terrific anniversary :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  16. June 12th is special for me too...my daddy's bday :0). Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! I wish my classroom was that big. Happy anniversary!

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice big room! Your library is huge!:) Your husband sounds like a great guy, how nice that he sent flowers! I always love getting flowers at work ;)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so going and buying me a toy chest and converting it into a sitting area for my classroom! I am absolutely, jaw-dropping, stunned, in love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy anniversary! June 12 was my mother's birthday also. I am sooooo jealous of your HUGE classroom! It looks wonderful! You are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy anniversary! I love the room.....and the space. My current classroom is small with limited storage and only 1 outlet to plug into! Yikes! I am happy because I will have about 5 fewer students next year........that opens up some space! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love being able to peek into other's classroom's! Thank you for sharing your space.

    ~Tanya
    Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  23. Summer school! You are such a brave woman. My district only offers K-2 and middle school-high school.

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary! June 12th is also my anniversary. :) My husband and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary this year.

    It's always fun to see other people's classrooms - you are so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am your newest follower just found you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't call you anything, but Mrs. Bainbridge :-) So, with that in mind....Mrs. Bainbridge, can you tell me where you purchased your student tables? I love those! I also LOVE your classroom! What a great place for students to call home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Your classroom looks awesome! Everything is in it's place. I need to get things organized ASAP, well as soon as my foot is healed :)
    Thanks for sharing your classroom with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how bright and colorful your classroom looks! Where at in MI are you?! I live right on the border in Ohio! I am a new blogger and would love some love over there if you'd like to stop by!

    http://crayonspencilspaper.blogspot.com/
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
    Computer Desks & Computer Tables & Standing Desks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...