Monday, June 11, 2012

What I Love About Summer... and Summer Reading Linky Party!

I love waking up and not knowing what the date is!  :)

After summer school, I cleaned my house.  I hope I'm not the only one who always plans to clean the house but then works on school stuff or blogs or blog stalks instead?  Well, I actually cleaned *most* of my downstairs today!  Whoot whoot!

And...

Since I got my Nook on March 2nd- yes, I know the date.  I love that Nook of mine!- I have read 19 books.  Do you remember when I was a crazy anti-Nook lady?  You know- when Barnes and Noble had a picture of me hanging in their store somewhere, forbidding anyone from ever selling me a Nook?  Ok- maybe they really didn't, but they should have!  Well, I'm officially in love!
 
Here's what I've read since I got it:


Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
Please Ignore Vera Deitz by AS King
The Curse Workers Series by Holly Black (White Cat, Red Glove, Black Heart)
Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick
TRASH by Andy Mullican
Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Nothing by Janne Teller
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Bossypants by Tina Fey
The Gemma Dolye Trilogy by Libba Bray (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, The Sweet Far Thing)
Feather by Jacqueline Woodson
The Mighty Miss Malone by Christopher Paul Curtis

They are all so good!  If you're going to read one... make it Where Things Come Back or Please Ignore Vera Deitz.  If you want to laugh hysterically... Bossypants.  

I just started Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.  So far, so good!  It's sort of a cross between the City of... series by Cassandra Clare and The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud.  I'll blog about it at The Best Endings when I'm done!

What do you recommend?  Link up and share!  Feel free to snag the button below for your blog too!



9 comments:

  1. I have done the same, but worse. I caught up on blogs! Then I printed out a bunch of scholastic books I got for a $1 each. Made some notecards of centers for next year. Oh yeah! I spent my first Saturday off in my new room (I had to pack up, move, unpack, then pack up on the back counter so they can clean!)
    I cleaned the house a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're not the only one working on school stuff... I told my hubs last week I'd work on cleaning the house (I hate to clean...ugh) but I've done more printing, cutting, searching, buying, cutting, printing....than I have cleaning. I did vacuum the floors and mop the bathrooms. So not fun... :)

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossypants was hilarious!! I love Tina Fey! This is a great way to add some more summer reads to my list :)

    Thanks for hosting!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be at that point where I don't know what day it is...I will be there in a few days! I need to cave in and buy a Nook. Everyone around me seems to have a Nook or Kindle and I want to join in the fun! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean about meaning to clean and then blog stalking! That about sums up my day! :)

    I just finished reading The Lucky One and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you like Insugent as much? I read Divergent and Loved it! I read it in a couple of days. Insugent I kinda gave up half way through. Maybe I'm just not in a YA fiction mood right now.

    I think I'm going to read Bossy Pants next. I have the sample on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the linky... it's my first one :)
    Tori
    Tori's Teacher Tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to be joining the linky! It's my first one and can't wait to hear what everyone else is reading and to find more blogs to stalk, lol. We moved into a new apartment a few weeks ago and I'm still not unpacked thanks to this addiction of mine ;o)

    Sabra
    www.teachingwithatouchoftwang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE MY NOOK!!! I let my students use it for listen to reading as a reward some days. (Since it is my personal nook and not the schools and we don't yet have nooks) I love all the free books and I really love getting to share books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...