Monday, November 5, 2012

Ho Ho Ho... already!

It's almost time to bring out these guys...  oh yeah!  LOVE them!


I'm not going to lie.  After going to Target on Friday and giddily walking through the Christmas decorations, I seriously considered putting mine up this weekend.

But... I sensibly worked on my report cards instead and, I'm happy to say, that I am done with them!  All 100+ of 'em!  Woot woot!

I can't promise that I won't put the decorations up this coming weekend... Christmas is my favorite favorite time of year and I love jazzing up my house!

I'm also excited because I'm bringing "Christmas Around the World" back to my classroom this year!  I haven't been able to do it for a few years now but I am *SO* going to be able to fit it in... only for about 25 minutes each day... but, it's BACK!

I just uploaded my free scrapbook to TpT if you'd like it!  It was a Google Doc last year, but I can't figure out a way to see the stats on how many times Google Docs are downloaded (if you know how, please share!) and I'm a freak about data and numbers, so I have to know.  Just click the pic!



Also- my students had *SO* much fun trick-or-treating for singular and plural nouns that I made a very similar file that includes irregular plurals too for us to do as a review in December!  One of my little friends was coming up with tons of game variations and holiday options for me as he was trick-or-treating for the nouns, so I knew I had to make more!  If you missed the Halloween one, check out "Fill that Stocking With Singular and Plural Nouns"!

Stay tuned tomorrow *I hope!* for an updated picture of my Daily Five board and happy news about how Daily Five is going in my class!  I'll try to tear myself away from obsessively watching election results on CNN to blog, but no promises!

8 comments:

  1. Your fill the stocking activity looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love your Christmas Around the World unit! I look forward to it every year!!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use a book to teach about each country?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! This will be the second year in a row that I can't do a single holiday activity...none! I'm really missing all the fun activities I used to do :( Have fun with the stocking activity!!1

    Lisa
    Super Pig and Tyrant King

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your report cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the cute project! I used to do a project like that but haven't in many years so thanks for inspiring me with yours! I love the Daily 5. I've been using CAFE for the last few years but am really implementing Daily 5 (I do 4-no listening to reading) this year. The last 4 years we ability grouped and switched for reading & that made it difficult to really get into the rounds. I LOVE it this year.The rounds are so meaningful! More teachers at my school are trying it! Can't wait to see your board.
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited to do my Holidays Around the World soon, too! Right now I'm hosting a holiday craft link-up at my blog if you'd like to join.

    Kelly

    Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...