Monday, November 26, 2012

Naked Santa?! The Dreaded ERROR... and a MATH freebie!

That's right.  Naked.

As a former 2nd grade teacher, I know that is SURE to get your kids' attention!

I just added "Suit up, Santa" to my shops last night and will be using it as a review for my 3rd graders in December but it is specifically designed for 2nd grade language standard L.2.2c Use an apostrophe to form contractions and frequently occurring possessives.

You can win a copy!  All you have to do is leave your e-mail if you'd like one!  I'll choose a random winner tomorrow with my super official and technical system which I like to call "Hey Hubby!  Choose a number!".

If you just can't wait, it's on sale at TpT and TN.

The DREADED ERROR...

If you downloaded my Christmas Around the World flippy books, please log back in to your dashboard at TpT or TN and redownload it.  The BRAZIL flippy book had an error.  It is fixed now, thanks to the world's greatest husband... sorry!!!!!

Now for a super cool math freebie!

On Thanksgiving, my mom brought over holiday crackers.

You know- this kind of a thing...

Pull it and *pop* out flies goodies!

We got the typical jokes and paper headbands... my dad got an "awesome" ring toss game... but my hubby truly hit the jackpot... at least in the eyes of this gal who is always finding ways to "do school".

He got some cards that, with a little bit of mental math, can help you "read someone's mind".

And I KNEW my 3rd graders would go NUTS for this!

So... here they are.  And here's how it works...

Pick any number.

Go ahead.

Write it down.

Now, find all of the cards that have your number on them (including the card you picked the number from) and add up the first number on the cards that DO have your number.

Was the answer you got from the addition your mystery number?

AWESOME!

Love that mental math!

Click the picture to download the file!

I think this is great mental math that kids will want to do over and over because it's just too dang cool!

I'm off to splurge at TpT!  Happy shopping (and SAVINGS) to you too!

Check out last week's post to see my favorite items and a linky you can get shopping ideas at too!

53 comments:

  1. Well I hope your hubby choose number 1!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I want it hcarpenter@ebrschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! My kids would find this hilarious - 2nd graders are in to that sort of thing.

    suttonal821@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - thanks for the opportunity to win it! :)

    Cathy VerSteeg
    cathy@missversteeg.com
    www.missversteeg.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too darn cute! Love it!

    mrsosullivangrade3(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I would love to win it :-)

    Jenny
    jenny.zuniga0@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one! I totally need to cover contractions after break and boy they can be tough for first graders! If I don't win, I'll be stopping over to TPT shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative ! Fingers crossed !

    Lindsey - lmburto@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...I wanna naked Santa!!!! Uh, er, you know what I mean!!
    Ashleybowlesreed@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! carissa.penner@yukonps.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would certainly get the kids to pay attention. lol
    jkmatuch@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I'd love to win a copy! :-)

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my Cyber Monday WANT IT!!! Please pick me!
    rwenzel@netnet.net
    THANKS and SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanna win!! :o)

    Cindy
    ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Naked Santa is a great one! We could do anything with that as a lead-in!

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is exactly the standard we are working on this week.. awesome! :)
    nunk626@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Christina! Would love a copy of your Santa Contractions. I think that is a skill that needs repeating over and over! prutenbar@sturgisps.org
    I love that mystery number game. It's so fun to watch the kids with wide eyes as you guess their number. I used to have this but we called it Magic Numbers!

    Patty Rutenbar

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love a copy of Naked Santa {or whatever the real name is ;)}

    And how cool is that mental math card?

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! amandalawson4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am new to second grade this year. This would be a fun and different activity. Love it!

    Ashley
    ashley58926@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks adorable!
    briawnacallahan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Naked Santa looks adorable. MI get together soon?


    Ms. Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room


    rgrimes1125 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. My 2nd graders would LOVE to suit up Santa AND they will love the mystery number game! Thanks for sharing!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire
    edukate.inspire@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to win a copy of this! laura_schumacher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to win this for my class! shanolsen@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Would love this freebie for my students! aleung1211@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute! I would love it. meredith.mitchell@nhcs.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fingers crossed. :)

    jsantiagoramirez@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love to win!

    melindacasas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the math freebie! My students will love it. And thanks for the giveaway, too!

    What i have learned

    ReplyDelete
  31. Of course I'd love to win too! Lucky 32!
    Christine
    Cutekids2.cj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pick me, Pick me, Pick me...please
    becky.bacon@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG I can't even imagine my students reactions!! I'd love to win it!@ C'mon lucky #35!!
    Kelly - kthompsondesign@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. The naked part totally got my attention :)
    mysecondsense@gmail.com
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pick me, pick me!! :)
    Erika- uggentoo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love it!

    idreamof1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your santa unit! :) I also love that mental math activity!! My students are going to flip out over this! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Tori
    treb21@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your blog and your sense of humour Christina. It would be so fun to win your Santa unit.

    Sue
    tstead11@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Tell Hubby to pick ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all you do to help teachers.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Pick me!
    Amanda.gibboney88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would love a copy of your "Naked Santa" unit... and we are also working with contractions, so how ironic is that:)
    amanda.lacroix@k12.sd.us

    ReplyDelete
  42. I hope I win :-) jodie-lynn@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. Crossing my fingers!

    Elissa
    Momma2mygirlies@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Woo Hoo!! Everything will be fine if I hear you called out 49!!! :)

    Denise
    dbponder@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. slaglea@btes.tv would love to win this! GREAT review for us!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love Suit up, Santa!!! Hope I win. ckdisco@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would LOVE to win this! Thanks for all the great ideas and activities!! ~Sara (smeyer06@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  48. The Mystery Number game is going to be so much fun with my kiddos this week! Plus I will love the mental math component! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Miss Martin
    Miss Martin’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...