Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm Still Here... and a Freebie!

The last week and a half have just *TOTALLY* gotten away from me!  I've been CRAZY busy and have neglected the ol' blog!  You all are so sweet to notice... I got a couple worried e-mails but I'm fine.  Just busy with a capital B.

Last weekend hubby and I went to Detroit.  We went to see Bill Maher on Saturday night... so funny!  And then we went to the Lions game the next day.  We had seats at the Lions 30 yard line in the 6th row!  It was AWESOME!!!!!  If you're a blog follower, you probably know that I love me some Lions... the game was great... they finally won and they played great before the last quarter of the game!

So, we got home super late on Sunday night and the rest of the week was just a whirlwind too.

My first Halloween in 3rd grade was my least horrible school Halloween yet a big success!  We had a nacho lunch together and lots of parents who came to the party.  It was fun!  I didn't plan as organized of a party as I usually do which was worrying me at first.  So, I busted out "Heads Up, Seven Up" and the kids LOOOOOOVED it!

Anywho, one of the activities we did this week centered on fantasy vs. reality which I thought would be easy enough for 3rd graders... but some of my friends had a tough time!  We did this activity as a race in groups.  Each group had to read the sentences and put them on the correct side.  I did this activity four times with four classes for a total of about 110 kids and in EVERY class EVERY group put "A spider can spin a web to try and save a friend's life" as REALITY!!!!  EVERY TIME.

It made for fun and lively discussion!

This could be a good center too but my people loved doing it as a "race".

You can snag the activity by clicking below.  Enjoy!


This week I have report cards to finish up- 110 of them.  So, not sure I'll be around the blog too much.  I'll try though!

5 comments:

  1. Christina:
    Glad you were out having fun and there was no need for worries.
    I teach sixth grade and I just KNOW there are kids who would list web-spinning, life-saving spiders as reality!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was missing you :( 110 report cards...I swear to never complain about my 22. I hope you had a good personal Halloween.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the freebie! :) Good luck getting everything done.

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the race--how fun!!!
    110???????? Holy Mack---you shouldn't have to do report cards. That's just insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the race! How cute!

    I am happy to say I am your newest follower :)

    Rae

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...