Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet Mrs. Bainbridge

I'm so glad I didn't miss out on Blog Hoppin's linky party for Teacher Week 2011! Head on over and join in the fun!

Today is "Meet the Teacher Monday" so here's some info about me!


Tell us a little something about you...

I'm Christina and I teach in Michigan. I have been married since 2004 and have a wonderful husband and two dog-sons named Sam and Squeaks. If you saw my earlier post (yes, I know... two in one day!) I also acquired a new gerbil-daughter this morning! I have a class website and also create files for The Teaching Oasis and blog at Me and My Gang and for Marygrove College!

How long have you been teaching?

I have been teaching since 2004. I taught preschool for two years and, in 2006, got hired at my current school. I taught 2nd grade for four years and last year taught a 1st/2nd split class which I loooved! This year I'm teaching a split again and I'm so excited to have my first graders again and get a new crew of firsties!

You might not know...

You probably know how much I love musicals because I pretty much mention it every chance I get! But you might not know that I am a county goat milking champion! Living in such a rural area, we like to get our kicks at our county fair which will be next month and I can't wait! I live about 3 blocks from the fairgrounds and there is something special about that time of year! Well, every year my fair has a "teacher goat milking competition" which I have won once and received 2nd place in twice! I got a HUGE trophy the year I won but had to give it to the new county goat milking champ when I didn't win last year. This year I'm thirsty for victory (no pun intended!) and hope to reclaim my title along with my principal when we team up to get the most milk! I'll keep you posted!

What are you looking most forward to this school year?

I'm really looking forward to looping up with my first graders from last year. I can't wait to see the difference in them from the beginning of 1st grade to the end of 2nd... and I just know that having half of my class again is really going to help start things off smoothly!

What do you need to improve?

I am beefing up my math instruction this year. I *love love LOVE* teaching reading and writing... that is definitely a strength for me. But teaching 2 grade levels is challenging when it comes to math. I am excited about implementing Debbie Diller's math workstations this year and hope this can help me provide focused practice for my students when they are not receiving direct instruction from me.

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?

I have a HUGE picture book collection which I am always using to teach reading and writing lessons... not to mention just reading to my kiddos!

I also love my LCD projector and use it several times a day to show my kiddos things we are learning about.

That's it! Tune in tomorrow for "Teacher Talk Tuesday"!

2 comments:

  1. Christina- I've done lots of blog stalking and pricing to find a template/company/designer that I liked and was affordable- Dream Like Magic was certainly the right choice...so easy to set up. It looks so professional for so little, it's really well designed. Glad YOU found so I could find it... best wishes on the up coming school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about how the math workstations work out for you. I'm saving them for *next year*, as I already have The Daily Five on my plate for this year. Have a great year!

    Nicole
    http://primaryteachingresources.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...