Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Made-It Full of Freebies!

Get your printer ink ready, friends, and get comfy... this is a long post full of printables for you to show off what I've been doing this past week!

First of all... last week Krista at Stellar Students shared her RAK jar and I LOVED it!  However, we're a Bucket Filler school so I wanted to do something like her, but more Bucket Filler-y.  So, this was born...

Inside of this jar are lots of little cards with things students can do to fill a bucket!  I'm thinking we'll pull one a day during our morning meeting and the challenge will be for each student to do that task at some point during the day.  If you want a copy of what I made, click the picture below!

Krista was kind enough to allow me to share my file with you all.  If you want to see her original file (which also has free printables!) click her blog button below!
I also updated my class schedule cards.  I made some last year with Scrappin' Doodles graphics, which I love, but I felt like they were still kind of little for my 3rd graders.  So, my true graphics obsession is KPM Doodles.  I just bought my 80th graphics set from her... that's right friends... EIGHTY! sets and I LOVE them!  So, I made new schedule cards for my class...

I displayed them on my front door, much to my hubby's dismay!, so I could take a picture to show you...


The good news is... you can click the picture below to download the cards!  I added a few that I thought might be needed by other teachers too.

I know you've seen the inserts for the 3-drawer containers that are all over Pinterest.  My building is being cleaned so I can't go in to show you what I'm talking about, but I also made some drawer inserts!  Most of them say "Copy", "Grade", "File", but I wanted some because I store stuff for my reading groups in these drawers too... see?

Right now they just have stickers with the group numbers on them, but soon they will have these gems on the inside!


I also made cards for my writing area because those drawers just have labels on them too!  If you click on the picture below, you can download my group cards, writing area cards, AND I made "Copy", "File", and "Grade" cards too!


Phew!  Can you believe there is ONE MORE THING I have to share?!

I've been seeing printable for teacher binders everywhere online and on Pinterest and I had to make my own!  My current binder looks like this:

And the talented Ashley Hughes has a paper pack that is perfect for this binder... and her pack is free on TpT!  Click the pick to check out her paper pack.

So, anyway... here are some snapshots of how my binder pages turned out...

So there are something like 13 different sections in my binder for grades, AR, parent contacts, Success Time (which is our RTI time), schedules, etc...

I also added a section for subs...

It is complete with a packet of information to answer any question a sub might have...

 and a page of sub rules that found on Amy Lemons' blog... (this is Amy's pic, btw)...


Here's what I put in my binder.  It's laminated and says at the top that the sub can put it up on the board and go over it with students.  I love my 3rd graders so much but we had some real issues on sub days this year.  My favorite was when I got a glowing note from a sub and as I was praising them up and down for it, one of my girl's eyes were bugging out of her head and she was frantically shaking her head "NO!" because they had actually had a horrible day!  Gotta love their honesty... and how they tell on themselves all the time!  Anyway, I think this will be a big help this coming year!

I also updated everything for my 100 Club for Reading!  I LOVE this "club"!  If you didn't see my blog post about it, click the picture below to go see what all the fuss is about.  If you want to motivate your kids to read, this is the thing for you!
  
So, that's what I've been doing!  My printer is tired and my little laminator is too... not to mention the billions of miniscule pieces of laminating that are in my carpet!

If you download any of these freebies, please leave a comment.  I'd love to know how you plan to use them and that you love them too!  I love hearing from you ladies and gentlemen!

I can't wait to check out what everyone made this week so I can get busy on some new items inspired by all of you!  So, link up with Tara and show off what you've been making!
 

Last thing- Michigan blogger meet up!!!  It's THIS Saturday!!!  Patty from 2ndinline and I are getting together this week to work on some surprises for our friends who attend!!!!  Hope to see you there!  Please please please RSVP- just click that blue and white button over there on the top, right side of my blog.  See it?  Feel free to spread the word on your blog too!  The more the merrier!

43 comments:

  1. Your binder turned out so cute. Mine is a plain black folder, which I keep telling myself is ok since I leave it open to the lesson plans, but if I had a cute one I would be shutting it all the time just to look at it!

    Thanks for the fun ideas! (Bummed I missed your flash freebie...can't believe it as I am spending WAY more time on the computer now that it is summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! Thanks for all the fabulous freebies! I am loving those schedule cards. Thanks for the shout out. I LOVE that Bucket Filler jar.

    Krista
    Stellar-Students

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your binder and schedule cards! They are so cute, I've started printing out things for next year, but also have a file on my desktop of things to print out. I limit myself to 10 items at a time so that I finish up them before starting others! Thanks for sharing!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned your sub anchor chart because I will be team leader and out of the room at least 1 day a month. This is a great reminder about expectations when I'm not there. I already have your daily schedule cards from last year for my second graders. I laminated them so they are ready to go again this year. THANK YOU!
    Debbie
    debjac9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bucket and RAK idea! Also love your sub rules too. Great Monday Made-Its!
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great addition to the morning routine to have a RAK bucket filling idea jar! Thanks!

    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to tell you that I think you are amazing and thank you for sharing all of your resources and freebies!! I love your style and teaching philosophy...it's the best! I'm really thinking about doing the "100 club" in my 2nd grade classroom next year...so thank you for that! :)

    ~Wendy
    sdwd727@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ideas are fabulous. I especially like the bucketfillers. We use bucket filling in my class from the first day, so these will be perfect. Thank you for sharing.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom
    Diamond Mom's Treasury

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are fantastic! Thanks so much for all of this! Hope you're enjoying your summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "group 1", "group 2", etc labels that you made! I do math workshop so I can totally see using those in my classroom. Love it!

    Mandy

    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the freebies! I love the drawer signs and will definitely use them next year. I also LOVE your 100 Club...added it to my cart at TpT!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it all:) Your teacher binder looks awesome! I need to change mine to my new colors;) Thanks for linking up and have a blast at your meet up:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are amazing!!! Thank you a million times over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Christina you are prolific and generous. I will use the extra cards for the schedule that you added so thank you! I am looking at teh 100 club but am definitely using the Bucket Fillers, Table groups and schedule cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christina, love your generosity. Your projects look great. You have inspired me to start my binder.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with the bucket filler idea! I always do bucket fillers, but this takes it to a whole different level! I am going to do morning and afternoon meetings this year and this is just perfect! Thank you!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Downloaded your freebies....already printing your bucket fillers! Thanks so much for sharing. I need to update my teacher binder. Thanks for the ideas!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the freebies! We do bucket filling too, so I can't wait to use that with the cute chevron background! And thanks for the heads up about the adorable paper pack!

    Your 100 club is awesome! I know my 3rd graders would LOVE it! :)

    Lindsey
    littleprowlers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it all! You are inspiring me to create my own teacher binder, instead of the stack of notebooks and in my teacher area (yikes!) I'm your newest follower :)

    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful ideas! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I cannot thank you enough! I am moving from a 2nd grade classroom to a 3/4 this next year and all of these ideas are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing your fabulous ideas! I love visiting your blog.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful post - full of great ideas and amazing freebies! I love the Bucket Fillers jar and look forward to implementing it this coming year. Thanks for the fresh new schedule cards, too! I always love reading your blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! So many goodies! Thanks for sharing all of this, Christina!! :)

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it! I noticed one sign said the "6 minute solution". Can you tell me more about that?

    Mrs. D
    TheThirdWheel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fluency program. The students are paired up and, for one minute, the first partner reads a passage while the second listens and monitors for errors, then they switch. They do this every day (with the same passage) for a week, charting their progress each day. It's called "The Six Minute Solution" because it takes about six minutes! :)

      Delete
  27. Thanks for the freebies; my faves are the bucket fillers & drawer labels:)! You are the best!! I hope you are relaxing some this summer, but I LOVE your hard work too hehe.

    ~Sara
    sweetsarabowling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Christina I love your blog as well!! That Christi sure does know how to make them. :) Thank you for creating the cute Bucket Filler cards. I'm printing them bad boys now. THANK YOU!! I'm your newest follower.

    ((HUGS))
    Tiffany

    One Fab Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for all the wonderful freebies. I can't wait to use these in my classroom this year. Any chance you will be selling your teacher plannner on TpT? I really love what you did for your planner. I, too, had problems on sub days this year and would like to use the Sub Rules.
    Once again, thanks for sharing. GennieKay@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for all the great freebies! Love them!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for sharing everything! The thought of being more organized is exciting. I like the idea of adding the substitute section to the teacher binder. I have a separate folder for it but this makes so much more sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are fantastic. I love the Bucket Filling idea to pull out a task during calendar math each morning. I started Bucket Filling this past school year and it transformed the conversations with my first graders. Your labels for the drawers are perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your bucket filling idea. I went ahead and downloaded your version and plan on using it with my students this year. Thanks so much for sharing. You have a lot of wonderful ideas.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  34. Christina... I love your class bucket jar idea. We are bucket fillers in my classroom as well and sometimes the kids struggle with finding "kind" things to do and this class jar will be a wonderful addition! Thanks for the idea!

    One quick question... I have been seeing many files with the "highlight" around the words like you have in your Sub Poster. Is there a quick explanation for how this is done?

    Thank you for all your wonderful freebies, products, and blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Multi-Age! :) You use the "glow" feature in Publisher or Powerpoint! I love that look too!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your quick reply... I've already started playing around with glow!

      Delete
  35. Thank you so much for the freebies that will help jazz up my room and teacher area for the upcoming school year! I just re-organized my plastic drawers so the timing is perfect! :)
    Also, thanks for the tip on Ashley's adorable paper. I have some binders from Target that look similar to yours. Her papers will look great in there :)
    Finally, I hope you have stock in printer ink :) Your colorful stuff is such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks so much for the bucket filler freebie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi there! Just found your blog through Pinterest. I love the drawer labels you've offered for free. Thanks for that. I was wondering if you could share the dimensions of them. I'm a speech therapist and I'd like to make some with labels that are needed in my therapy room. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the colorful drawer signs! Thanks SO much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...