Saturday, June 1, 2013

Winner in Da House, School's Out, and Look What I Bought!

First Up...

We've got a winner in da house!

Congrats to #15, Katie at Smiles from 2nd Grade... You've won my new writing resource with 180 pages of writing goodness!

I loved reading everyone's comments about writing and thanks to all for entering!

Second...

School's Out!  Yesterday we dismissed around 11:20am and I can't believe it's really over.  The year went by SO quickly.  My new job was such a positive change for me and I can't wait to start my 2nd year in 3rd grade ELA in the fall!  As my principal said yesterday on the announcements... great news!  There are only 92 more days until the first day of school!

And... I've only been out of school for about 28 hours, but my first shipment of new stuff for next year just came in today!  I put in a Really Good Stuff order and here's what I got...


And an up close...

I'm really pumped about these white boards that I got on clearance!

They are all set up for students to fill in info about a story and they will be GREAT for my small groups!

I also got this today...

I am going to paint my bulletin boards.  You can see the two colors I chose by the splotch on the lid.  I'm going to start on Monday, so I'll keep you posted!

In the meantime, enjoy your last few days of school... or, if you're done... your first few days of summer!

9 comments:

  1. Ok, I must ask are you painting the corkboard part of the bulletin board? If so, I have never thought about doing that. What a money saver and time saver that would be.

    Erin
    It's "OWL" Good in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!! Oh my gosh- thank you! :) I am so so so excited!!!! I love your box of new stuff. It's always so fun to shop for next year! :) Thanks again!!!

    Katie :)
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are my absolute favorite colors so I am so excited to see how those bulletin boards turn out!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colors. I've never thought about painting my bulletin boards. How creative!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. I painted my bulletin boards when I painted my classroom and it is SO much better than trying to paper them all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting my bulletin boards was seriously the best thing I did! I just used an almost black from the "oops" pile at Walmart, then added border like normal! So easy! Can't wait to see how yours look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have painted my boards for years and also used oops paint. Sometimes Home Depot is kind enough to adjust the tint. So much better than paper! :)
    Can't wait to see your boards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week is our last full week of school, followed by 4 the next week and a teacher workshop day. I have my summer to do list and its about 3 pages long. I would like to maybe try my hand at blogging. I enjoy coming by yours (sometimes several times a day) to see what you are up to! Have a great summer- don't spend all of it at school!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...